mtbr member
    Jul 2006

A few Scalpel questions

Hi,

I'm currently looking to get a scalpel but I'm thinking of picking up the frame/lefty and building it up. I came across someone selling an 07 with 06 carbon lefty http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=15566&cat=7. My questions are:

-Is the $1600 asking price reasonable for the frame/fork combo, how much should I expect to pay for the comparable frame/fork combo new?
    -What kind of hub must be used for the front wheel?
    -Are there any other parts of the bike that will require cannondale specific parts (stem, etc)?

As well approximately what would an 08 Scalpel 4 set me back?

Thanks
    Last edited by Brian06; 01-24-2008 at 09:55 AM.

mtbr member
    With the lefty. you will need a SI stem or integrated stem/steer tube. There are several companies making lefty compatible hubs...Some are Mavic,Shimano,FRM,Industry9, but it's hard to beat the Cannondale Omega though. barrbike.com has a list of retail prices for the 2008 models. IMO 1600 is a fair price, I'm sure there are cheaper out there but that particular lefty (assuming it's in good working order) is a really good one if you like the concept of how it was designed to work. Some people prefer a manual lock out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanks for the reply, I may just go with a new scalpel 4... the new rear suspension looks really interesting. I will have to take one for a rip once the snow melts

MTB'er
    Nov 2007
    I have a new 2008 Scalpel 1. The suspension works great, I am extremely happy with the bike. It is an extremely light bike.