mtbr member
    Jul 2010

feel really bent over riding my f5

im likein everything about my cdale f5 but compaired to other bikes i ride i fell more bent over while riding im sure the handlebar bend have alot to do with it is there a bar thats more bent for straighter riding?

Praise da lowered
    You should look into any kind of high rise bar. I had the same problem on my 08 Caffeine 2. I went with some ergon grips and the race face next carbon bar with a 40mm rise.

Praise da lowered
    Or maybe you can shorten the stem on the handlebars.

mtbr member
    who exactly fit you for your bike at the place you purchased it at?

you shoulda known before you walked out the door if it was gonna fit weird or not and then you coulda corrected it at that time.

did you get a size too large? is the bars set too low? seat too high? stem too long?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    who exactly fit you for your bike at the place you purchased it at?

you shoulda known before you walked out the door if it was gonna fit weird or not and then you coulda corrected it at that time.

did you get a size too large? is the bars set too low? seat too high? stem too long?

im new to mountain biking so it felt good till i really started putting time into riding it but im 5'9 medium frame so the fitment is good ive had problems with my back years ago because of the line of work i do today i did 15 miles and im noticeing im bent over a good amount from the research i been doing i see the bars are 20mm bend maybe i should buy some 30mm ones to help out alittle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i made some adjustments i pulled the bars back some feels alittle better but i think 30mm would be ideal

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Get a shorter stem with higher rise , like a 90mm with 20degree rise , it will straight out your back rightaway