mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Feel of a Fox dhx 5.0 on a Gemini

I have a gemini with a Fox 5.0 on it. The shock feels almost dead when downhilling. My buddy has the same setup and gets the same feel. Is there anybody out there that gets a different feeling from this setup?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I have a gemini with DHX5 and it feels fine...Could you explain more details?
    The only thing is that I prefer to turn completely clockwise the bottom out adjuster because I'm afraid that it could hit the frame (Large size). Maybe it feels a little harsh, but it feels like a charm when you take some drops...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I would have to agree, I disliked the DHX on my Gemini. My bike came with a swinger 4way and I got caught up in the hype of the DHX. After many hours of trying to tune the DHX I took it off. It did have a very dead feeling. Some may say "thats the bike working better tracking the ground creating better traction" but there's something to be said for feeling the ground as well. I like the strong platform feel of the swinger which I feel is needed on the Gemini.
    I also feel the swinger 4way is a greatly unappreciated shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMAD57
    I like the strong platform feel of the swinger which I feel is needed on the Gemini.

I also feel the swinger 4way is a greatly unappreciated shock.
    Amen to that, wonder what Hayes is going to do with them.