mtbr member
    Jul 2007

FD Adjustment on Rush 3000

Have an 06 Rush 3000. Always had a tough time getting the FD right. Specifically, I'm either stuck with the chain rubbing the inside of the cage when in the small ring front/big cog back, or stuck with the tire rubbing the FD cage (even worse). I was running a 2.25 Nobby Nic UST, but switched to a 2.1 Weirwolf UST in order to shave off width from the tire. It's still doing it.

Is there something I'm missing here? The bike is spec'd stock with a Crossmark 2.1 UST. Wondering if the only solution is to get that exact tire in order to make it work. Perhaps the knobs on the Weirwolf are too wide?

Anything else I'm doing wrong?

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NRRider
    Have an 06 Rush 3000. Always had a tough time getting the FD right. Specifically, I'm either stuck with the chain rubbing the inside of the cage when in the small ring front/big cog back, or stuck with the tire rubbing the FD cage (even worse). I was running a 2.25 Nobby Nic UST, but switched to a 2.1 Weirwolf UST in order to shave off width from the tire. It's still doing it.

Is there something I'm missing here? The bike is spec'd stock with a Crossmark 2.1 UST. Wondering if the only solution is to get that exact tire in order to make it work. Perhaps the knobs on the Weirwolf are too wide?

Anything else I'm doing wrong?
    I have a similar issue w/ my F29er (XT FD, FSA Afterburner BB30 crank). My FD is used and not in the greatest shape, so I'm going to throw an X-9 on there tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin
    I have a similar issue w/ my F29er (XT FD, FSA Afterburner BB30 crank). My FD is used and not in the greatest shape, so I'm going to throw an X-9 on there tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
    Let me know how that goes, and in particular if there's something about the SRAM that makes it less likely to rub. Thanks