mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Fatty Ultra DLR x Ultra DL

Hi, friends, Im planning to buy a Cannondale F4 but Im in doubt about this models suspension system. Id like to know if there is real difference between Cannondale Super Fatty Ultra DLR and Super Fatty Ultra DL. I know that the Ultra DLR comes with a rebound adjusting button. But what about the general behavior of these two forks? They work at the same level or the DLR is much better than DL? Do you think buying a F4 whith Ultra DL is a good deal, or shoud I spend more money in a F3 model, whith an Ultra DLR fork?

Thanks a lot!

Music & Bikes
    Never tried the DL but I am very happy with the DLR.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

Cannondale Snob
    If the only difference between the two bikes is the rebound adjustment, I wouldn't bother with it. I have a F600 with the Ultra and it works great. I have a Rush1000 with the rebound adjustment (Lefty fork, though) and I don't notice THAT much difference from one end to the other. I just leave it set in the middle and try not to bottom it out too often.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

pluto
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything
    If the only difference between the two bikes is the rebound adjustment, I wouldn't bother with it. I have a F600 with the Ultra and it works great. I have a Rush1000 with the rebound adjustment (Lefty fork, though) and I don't notice THAT much difference from one end to the other. I just leave it set in the middle and try not to bottom it out too often.
    It's the same for me...

Masher
    I have both an f4 and an f3 in my living room right now, f4 is mine f3 is a friends. I can't tell much of a difference between the two as already mentioned but the rebound adjustment does seem a bit superfluous, the DL performs great. I can't stand the Cannondale Grind grips so I actually prefer the f4 out of the box. The more significant difference between the f4 and f3 is the furio frame vs the caffeine but, again, I prefer the furio. If you are willing to step up the price to an f3 then maybe you should save up a bit more and get an f2 with a lefty. I wish that I had.

Let us not forget that the f3 paint job is downright ugly.