mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Fake Cannondale 4 sale?

New Cannondale Jekyll Dual Suspension XL Extra Large SRAM X0 Shimano XTR Mavic | eBay

I was interested in this bike, but the owner is acting strange......

My concerns,He claims its a new bike never used ect ect ect....

Its missing a sticker (Top tube, under seat) Look a google photos of a 2001 3000 Jekyll

And it has Sram stuff on it, and most of them came with xt-xtr

Would a Cannondale expert please look at that bike and see if they can see anything off, that would show its not a 2001 3000 Jekyll? maybe a lower model re-painted?

Thxs!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Looks right. They often came without model # on them, if they ran out of the stickers etc, not a big worry.

I'd ask if the ELO control on the fork works, if not, you'll never find one that will, anymore.

Spec looks right, save the Sram stuff. Who knows, the XTR shifters and RD likely just got appropriated elsewhere.

Not "fake" not repainted, looks to be in good shape, but I wouldn't go a lot higher than the current bid, getting up there.

Unless it just speaks to you, in which case, bid away!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Looks right. They often came without model # on them, if they ran out of the stickers etc, not a big worry.

I'd ask if the ELO control on the fork works, if not, you'll never find one that will, anymore.

Spec looks right, save the Sram stuff. Who knows, the XTR shifters and RD likely just got appropriated elsewhere.

Not "fake" not repainted, looks to be in good shape, but I wouldn't go a lot higher than the current bid, getting up there.

Unless it just speaks to you, in which case, bid away!
    Thanks, im passing on the bike, something is fishy with the seller, We would not answer why it has sram on it, after he claimed it was bought by him, and stored new.......He is fliping it prob. and got caught lieing.

No biggie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    oh, my.. now that. I've contacted with eBay fraud department several times but "Cannondale sales" growing up. how it usually looks :

1. lot from seller with good or excellent reputation. usually 1000+ points ;
    2. seller usually sells something completely different from bikes (photos, comic books, stocking, etc) ;
    3. shipment worldwide for pennies (like $20 everywhere) or even free shipment;
    4. picture inside lot telling to contact some email before making bid, or time limited offer to buy item for $2000-2500 (for $5k+ items like Scalpel Ultimate 29er)

after writing to that email you'll be just asked to make payment to some bank account. and sure, you'll receive fake invoice from email like ebay@billing-ebay.com

people must be idiots to fall into that but.. one of my coallegues was one step far from sending money. so don't fool yourself - this is fake