mtbr member
    Jan 2007

...factory-made Cannondale 69'er frame??

I just stumbled across this, and I think it's real since it's actually less likely he'll sell if it is true, so I doubt he'd make it up....still...what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cannondale-Caffe...QQcmdZViewItem

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    It is either a defective frame that slipped through, or a mislabeled frame. Either way I would not buy it. It is likely a shop trying to sell off some merchandise that should not be sold. I would be that auction disappears once Cannondale sees it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Surely what makes it a 69'er frame is the geometry not a dodgy sticker? No measurements, no provenance and no REFUNDS !!!! Buyer beware.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I seem to recall a guy on here, trying to get to the bottom of the very same lack or tire clearance issue. Maybe the same fellow?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Yeah I've been looking that frame too. I emailed the guy and he said he's going to give me the frame measurements later today. Pretty much it has a 29er front geometry with a 26" spec chain and seat stay.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    Yeah I've been looking that frame too. I emailed the guy and he said he's going to give me the frame measurements later today. Pretty much it has a 29er front geometry with a 26" spec chain and seat stay.
    it seems if the frame was welded using angles for the 29 geo that it will be too choppered out, no BB drop, once a 26" rear wheel is fitted. anything could have happened but its not a special project coming from R&D. we would know about it if it was. this seller would do better to warranty the frame and sell a real f29 frame...or better yet, ride it.