Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    80

    F29 carbon weight limit

    I called the LBS and they said there was no weight limit for the F29 carbon 3. I am 260lbs and i am leery about buying such a light bike. I don't do any jumps or anything but there is allot of log overs & rock gardens. Would it be a mistake to buy this bike for my weight?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Golddr2000 View Post
    I called the LBS and they said there was no weight limit for the F29 carbon 3. I am 260lbs and i am leery about buying such a light bike. I don't do any jumps or anything but there is allot of log overs & rock gardens. Would it be a mistake to buy this bike for my weight?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I have a friend who is 6'2 and 260lbs and has the Ultimate. So far all summer no problems.

  3. #3
    Helmetless Crasher
    Reputation: Stumpjumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Unless youre a competitive cat 2 or better guy, I'd get something stouter.

    If this bike is for rec purposes, get a proper trail/AM bike for sure.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    95
    There is a 300lb weight limit as posted in the Cannondale owner's manual. Carbon or alloy.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    80
    Thanks for the info

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    Just Ride
    Reputation: Cormac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumpy View Post
    Unless youre a competitive cat 2 or better guy, I'd get something stouter.

    If this bike is for rec purposes, get a proper trail/AM bike for sure.
    My weight varies between 200 - 212 or so. Back and forth. I ride for fun, period! But I'd appreciate the climbing advantages that are offered by a lighter HT. Current bike weights ~29lbs. So should I too look into something more stout? Or would a lightweight carbon increase my enjoyment of riding. Because that's the only reason I do it in the first place. Its fun! I have tried racing, but it's not my thing. My lungs just can't take it.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

  7. #7
    Helmetless Crasher
    Reputation: Stumpjumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    My weight varies between 200 - 212 or so. Back and forth. I ride for fun, period! But I'd appreciate the climbing advantages that are offered by a lighter HT. Current bike weights ~29lbs. So should I too look into something more stout? Or would a lightweight carbon increase my enjoyment of riding. Because that's the only reason I do it in the first place. Its fun! I have tried racing, but it's not my thing. My lungs just can't take it.
    200-212 is quite different from 260. I weigh 210-215, also. We can pretty much ride whatever we want however we want without issue.

    EDIT: The OP should probably present his question in the Clyde forum: Clydesdales/Tall Riders - Mtbr Forums , where there are likely 250+ lb guys who have put carbon race bikes to the test - or at least those who have some better insight on doing so.
    Last edited by Stumpjumpy; 12-12-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •