mtbr member
    Feb 2009

F1000SL Sobe Team

Hi all,

Have seen a couple of pictures of the F1000 Sobe bike and absolutely love it.
    Can someone confirm if this is actually a US model? In the review section there are a couple of reviews from the states. However, I'm finding it impossible to find one for sale...

Also, my search has narrowed it down to 2003. Is that the only year they made it?

Thanks!

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    I think your right on 2003...But I thought it was Lefty equipped?
    My 04 is an F600, headshock.
    The 07 berzerker green bikes look quite similar
    CDT

2003 F1000SL
    2004 F600
    2004 F600SL
    2007 Caffeine F2

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    I think your right on 2003...But I thought it was Lefty equipped?
    My 04 is an F600, headshock.
    The 07 berzerker green bikes look quite similar
    CDT

2003 F1000SL
    2004 F600
    2004 F600SL
    2007 Caffeine F2
    Thanks, Tony.
    Actually just bought an '04 F600 Sobe for the wife. Figured it'd be pretty cool to get an F1000SL for myself. So this is a US model? Not sure if there's a difference.

Thanks.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Since I am only familiar with US models I would venture to say yes,
    What says our overseas users?
    CDT

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

03 Sobe

It must be a US model cause I have one. It must have come stock with the headshock. I bought the bike used with a Lefty ELO on it and the original owner threw in the matching green headshock for free (never mounted/used).
    I think mine is a medium but it is roomier than my medium Racer-X (even though seat tube and top tube lengths are about the same-must have something to do with the geometry).
    It's been a fabulous bike (I ride it twice as often as the Titus): climbs like a goat, very quick handling in the woods (maybe a bit scary on fast downhills), light and unique looking (actually kinda strange-neon, yellow green with tribal tatoos). It's the perfect bike for exploring because it's light enough to toss over your shoulder when the trail completely disappears.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roaringplains
    It must be a US model cause I have one. It must have come stock with the headshock. I bought the bike used with a Lefty ELO on it and the original owner threw in the matching green headshock for free (never mounted/used).
    I think mine is a medium but it is roomier than my medium Racer-X (even though seat tube and top tube lengths are about the same-must have something to do with the geometry).
    It's been a fabulous bike (I ride it twice as often as the Titus): climbs like a goat, very quick handling in the woods (maybe a bit scary on fast downhills), light and unique looking (actually kinda strange-neon, yellow green with tribal tatoos). It's the perfect bike for exploring because it's light enough to toss over your shoulder when the trail completely disappears.
    Thanks for the tease!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    f1000 sobe was available in the UK too. i thought it a little too 'dramatic' for me.

i'm sure one will pop up sooner or later on fleabay...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

03 Sobe

Just out of curiosity, I compared my Canondale's dimensions to those shown in the chart for the 03 Team. Lo and behold, it's a large! No wonder it fits better that my medium Titus (now I'm wondering if that damn thing is really a medium since it measures so close to the C-dale-I bought it used too and it also doesn;t have any sizes decaled on the frame).
    You learn all kinds of stuff on the internet.