jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!

Exciting news for '05?

The C-dale rep stopped by the shop this afternoon, and in the course of our conversation I asked if there was any chance for an air sprung Lefty Max with SPV for next year. He said there are big plans for next year that include a Jekyll equipped with a 140mm air sprung carbon fiber Lefty Max with SPV, and will also have 140mm rear travel with a 4 way SPV rear shock. The frame will also be more Gemini like, but will be lighter than the current frame. Also there will be a new 'epic' bike, between the Scalpel and Jekyll, with 110mm travel front and rear, and the Scalpel will be equipped with a Carbon lefty with an automatic inertia-valve lockout. Sounds pretty awesome. Hope they can pull it all off.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

Harmonius Wrench

That's what I'm talkin' about

Quote Originally Posted by jcw
    Also there will be a new 'epic' bike, between the Scalpel and Jekyll, with 110mm travel front and rear,
    The "epic" bike that you refer to is the "marathon" bike I'm mentioning in another thread below. This bike is slated for release in July. The other, shall we say, longer travel Jekyl, well that bike is due out in September/October. Once again, Cannondale will not bring these to market until they can be produced for sale in final production trim. No vaporware! So, if there are no hitches with parts deliveries from the "S" company, or others; than we'll be seeing these bikes soon!

mtbr member
    thats the best news i've heard in a while, cannondale making a light big travel trail bike.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... New bike

Thats good news for me, 'gemini like' and long travel light bike. Saying this because have a gemini and I thought it was plenty light and more than enough travel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just bought a '04 Jekyll 1000. Overall very happy with the bike.

Would be nice to have a front lock-out suspension... Also, the swinger's SPV does not elimnate total bob. When talking about new bikes coming out, I certainly hope C'dale keeps on supporting new suspension technologies for the old Jekylls. Otherwise, it would be difficult to find rear shocks for a Jekyll in the aftermarket with the threads...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanu
    Just bought a '04 Jekyll 1000. Overall very happy with the bike.

Would be nice to have a front lock-out suspension... Also, the swinger's SPV does not elimnate total bob. When talking about new bikes coming out, I certainly hope C'dale keeps on supporting new suspension technologies for the old Jekylls. Otherwise, it would be difficult to find rear shocks for a Jekyll in the aftermarket with the threads...
    Good Point. I assume that they will as long as they keep the Jekyll line. If not, I hope they at least keep us mind for the next 4-5 years (usefull life of any frame).

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    Good Point. I assume that they will as long as they keep the Jekyll line. If not, I hope they at least keep us mind for the next 4-5 years (usefull life of any frame).
    Yeah, the rep made a point of that as well. For the most part the Jekyll line will be ending with this model year. They will continue to produce Jekyll frames for warranty issues, as well as sell a complete Jekyll 400 as their low end FS bike.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

mtbr member
    Do you know when this stuff will hit their website, or if there are any pictures up anywhere of these new bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    It doesn't seem like the new owners are running Cannondale into the ground (yet).

It's good to see they're still pushing technology development.
    Why not alow the Jekyll to have an honorable death rather than keep it around as a "low end" full suspension bike?

Sad.

ceteris paribus
    So I guess is not a great time to buy Jekyll...
    On the other hand, that scalpel with carbon lefty and inertia valve sounds sweet, as well as that "epic" bike thats coming out on july.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xctico
    So I guess is not a great time to buy Jekyll...
    On the other hand, that scalpel with carbon lefty and inertia valve sounds sweet, as well as that "epic" bike thats coming out on july.
    Ultimately, all of this is pure speculation. We will see what happens soon enough. Until then, whatever your riding- enjoy it. If you are thinking about getting a Jekyll, you can't go wrong.