Cannondale Rush addict

Euro Cannondale ditching the lefty

Saw a strange sight the other day in my local bike shop (in Denmark)... a Rush with no lefty. And yes I know that the cheapest Rush comes like that, and that you with a conversion kit could mount almost any fork.... BUT this came from the factory and had a Fox 32 Float RLC 120 fork and was called the "Rush Fox"!

From what what my LBS told me and what I can read on the net, it is a very limited edition euro version. My LBS even stated that he had heard that the alu version of the Rush would disappear from next season, leaving only the carbon left. This limited version should in this connection be seen as a way of getting rid of some old alu frames to a perhaps non-typical cannondale audience.

It's priced more or less like a Rush 5, so at the moment my LBS is having a hard time following the requests.

Frame : Rush
    Fork : Fox 32 Float RLC 120
    Rear Shock : Fox Float RPL Air
    Rims : Mavic XM 317
    Hub : DT Swiss XC
    Spokes : DT Swiss Champion
    Tires : Htchinson Spider 26x2.00
    Pedals : Wellgo Clipless
    Crank: Shimano XT
    Chain : Shimano HG-73
    Rear cogs : SRAM PG-950, 11-32
    Bottom bracket : Shimano XT
    Front derailleur : Shimano LX
    Rear derailleur : Shiamano XT
    Shifters: Shimano LX Rapidfire
    Bars: Cannondale C2 Flat
    Stem: Cannondale XC3
    Headset: FSA Orbit Z 1-1/8"
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
    Brake levers: Avid Juicy 5
    Saddle: Fi'zi:k Nisene II Sport
    Seat post: Cannondale Fire
    Color: Charcoal Grey

Just a little rant from the other side of the pond

- OLLE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle
    Saw a strange sight the other day in my local bike shop (in Denmark)... a Rush with no lefty. And yes I know that the cheapest Rush comes like that, and that you with a conversion kit could mount almost any fork.... BUT this came from the factory and had a Fox 32 Float RLC 120 fork and was called the "Rush Fox"!

From what what my LBS told me and what I can read on the net, it is a very limited edition euro version. My LBS even stated that he had heard that the alu version of the Rush would disappear from next season, leaving only the carbon left. This limited version should in this connection be seen as a way of getting rid of some old alu frames to a perhaps non-typical cannondale audience.

It's priced more or less like a Rush 5, so at the moment my LBS is having a hard time following the requests.

Frame : Rush
    Fork : Fox 32 Float RLC 120
    Rear Shock : Fox Float RPL Air
    Rims : Mavic XM 317
    Hub : DT Swiss XC
    Spokes : DT Swiss Champion
    Tires : Htchinson Spider 26x2.00
    Pedals : Wellgo Clipless
    Crank: Shimano XT
    Chain : Shimano HG-73
    Rear cogs : SRAM PG-950, 11-32
    Bottom bracket : Shimano XT
    Front derailleur : Shimano LX
    Rear derailleur : Shiamano XT
    Shifters: Shimano LX Rapidfire
    Bars: Cannondale C2 Flat
    Stem: Cannondale XC3
    Headset: FSA Orbit Z 1-1/8"
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
    Brake levers: Avid Juicy 5
    Saddle: Fi'zi:k Nisene II Sport
    Seat post: Cannondale Fire
    Color: Charcoal Grey

Just a little rant from the other side of the pond

- OLLE
    The communique to the dealers placed it between the 4 and the 5 with UK rrp of Rush 4 (lefty) £1999, Rush Fox £1799 and Rush 5 (Lefty) £1599.

mtbr member
    All prophets except the Prophet 1 have ditched the Lefty over here too (UK), riders are very narrow minded over here and tend to ride whatever is fashionable at the time and Cannondale/Lefty's aren't that popular over here at the minute, though that could change as they are getting good write ups in the press recently (Probably cos they've ditched the Lefty) .

Glad I got my Lefty Max TPC when I did

LA CHÈVRE
    Well, there has to be at least one positive aspect about living in America, we get a Lefty on most models!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosPirahna
    All prophets except the Prophet 1 have ditched the Lefty over here too (UK), riders are very narrow minded over here and tend to ride whatever is fashionable at the time and Cannondale/Lefty's aren't that popular over here at the minute, though that could change as they are getting good write ups in the press recently (Probably cos they've ditched the Lefty) .

Glad I got my Lefty Max TPC when I did
    My understanding of the press criticsm of C'dale in the UK was that the cost of the lefty resulted in a bike with a lower spec of finishing kit than an equally priced competitor. Unless your are specifically after a lefty or a C'daleyou'd go with the beter spec'ed bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Well, there has to be at least one positive aspect about living in America, we get a Lefty on most models!

Do I take it from that remark that there are not many other reasons to be happy about living in America ?

LA CHÈVRE
    Do I take it from that remark that there are not many other reasons to be happy about living in America ?

We get Lefties and the bikes are much cheaper but it depends what is important for you I guess. I always love my times in Europe/Scandinavia... makes me want to move there everytime I go. Here, people are fat, they drive gas guzzling SUVs and most people don't even beleive the global warming of the planet exists. US and Canadian governments don't plan to respect Kyoto...

Off Topic but hey, we are behind on many aspects.

mtbr member
    We get Lefties and the bikes are much cheaper but it depends what is important for you I guess. I always love my times in Europe/Scandinavia... makes me want to move there everytime I go. Here, people are fat, they drive gas guzzling SUVs and most people don't even beleive the global warming of the planet exists. US and Canadian governments don't plan to respect Kyoto...

The UK is turning into the US to be honest, scary thought. I may move to France

LA CHÈVRE
    We are like a dog for the US, we follow them everywhere without asking questions. For me, it's either Amsterdam or Oslo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I´m not 100% certain when i´m writing this. But in german magazine BIKE the bike on the picture is mentioned as an "special"/mid season model of the Rush from C´dale delivered with Fox fork and damper. A kind of "Fox" edition of the Rush.

mtbr member

Me 2

The UK is turning into the US to be honest, scary thought. I may move to France

I actually went to the Pyrenees and scooped out some property down there,the only thing holding me back is the wife....England is definitely going downhill...so expensive and so full of red tape and petty rules on every thing you can imagine.

Drink...sleep
    We are like a dog for the US, we follow them everywhere without asking questions. For me, it's either Amsterdam or Oslo.
    Going way off topic here, but anyways: I'm moving to Cambridge (UK) next week for half a year. Curious to see how it compares to Amsterdam. I hope the UK isn't going downhill as fast as you're saying. Well, at least the biking should be better than in Holland

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The other plus is America has great dentists and an ample supply of deodorant readily available for export...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    oh, and us americans vote to put people in office that really don't give a rats arse about what the country wants....aren't we lucky?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm with you on that, though this is a bike forum and it was getting a bit off track. I love my lefties, though I did just build my F4000 frame (from last year) up as a single speed and put a headshox reducer on it so I could run a Fox F100 on it.

mtbr member

INo lefty for me

I have shyed away from the lefty due to the amount of posts about problems both mechanical and tunning.
    It sounds way to high maintenence , also the idea of paying someone to service my kit is a big no no...so i have gone all coil on my Cannodale.

mtbr member
    Lefty's are easier to service than any other fork IMO, once you've tried one you'd understand the plushness/stiffness. You're a typical british rider, don't be afraid !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzungo
    I actually went to the Pyrenees and scooped out some property down there,the only thing holding me back is the wife....England is definitely going downhill...so expensive and so full of red tape and petty rules on every thing you can imagine.
    Freinds of mine have a place not too far from the Pyrenese neat Tarbes. Great part of the world, great people, great food, great booze, great skiing and I presume great mountain biking. I'm heading back there with my bike in the summer!

Don't supose you've done any ridding round that area? I was thinking of the chairlift/gondola assisted ride up type

Cheers Chris

mtbr member

Nice

That's the area i looked at, all though i did not scope the rideing ...I was looking at a closed hotel at the caves Groto de gargas....lovely chestnut woods....stunning country side oldest cave paintings in europe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzungo
    That's the area i looked at, all though i did not scope the rideing ...I was looking at a closed hotel at the caves Groto de gargas....lovely chestnut woods....stunning country side oldest cave paintings in europe.
    Where is that, the name rings a bell? Cave paintings could be somethiong for the family and in-laws to do while I fling myself and the prophet from the moutain tops.

We were about half an hour to the north of Tarbes but thats only an bit over an hour to the ski fields.

mtbr member

Lenamazan

not far from Lenamazan(spelling?)

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Here, here! Don't forget the fact that the US has egg on its face due to the international antics of " the commander guy."

Lefty Heaven
    Mar 2007
    Just my 2 cents worth on a couple of things-
    I'm a Lefty man totally now. They need less servicing than most other forks and besides that... they feel great! I used to run Fox on my Trek, but I saw the light and its C'dale and Lefty all the way now!

On the political front we here in Australia have a leader that likes being Mr Bush's lap dog too. You wouldnt believe the crap he's trying to sell us about our 'alliance' with the USA.

Unfortunately we're getting a dose of what the residents of the good ol' US of A have been fed for too long- bullsh!t!