mtbr member

endurance upgrades for Rush (cross post from enduranc thread)

Hey all,

Over the past year I have been bitten by the endurance bug. This summer I have gotten serious about training and had a good performance at the Cowbell this weekend. I know that my own fitness is the single biggest improvement that I can make to my overall performance. But I would like to make a few upgrades to my bike anyway. I work at a bike shop so get decent deals on a lot of parts, so keep that in mind.

Rush 600

upgrades already in place...

Pushed Fox Float
    Maxxis Ignitors eXCeptions 2.1
    XT 11-32 cassette
    Formula Oro K18 brakes
    Ritchey WCS alu. flat bar
    Time ATAC pedals
    Truvative crank (something we had laying around the shop)

I was thinking of upgrading the wheels to either Mavic Crossmax SLR or Stans Olympic w/lefty and AC hubs. Any other ideas for decent lefty compatible wheels that are under 700.

After that what would you all consider upgrading?

Thanks for the advice.
    "Don't take life too serious. You'll never get out alive."

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Wheels is the best place to start, I'd go custom wheels with Hope Pro 2 rear hub and some quality rims/spokes. You should be able to build them for around $400-500 or even cheaper since you work in a shop.

After that it depends on how much you want to spend. I'd say lighter cranks/pedals/seatpost/derailleurs & shifters.

mtbr member
    Stans are the way to go...cheaper than slr's and still just as good (IMO). I would go with 355's laced to your choice of hub, this rim is a little beefier than the olympic and will definetly not hurt the bank. Personally, I have a pair of Olympics laced to a lefty hub and dirty flea rear on the way...I cant wait.