Thread: E-type trouble

nocturnal oblivion

E-type trouble

Will a clamp on front derailleur fit on e-type gemini 1000 (with e-bracket removed). If so which type of bottom pull (top swing or bottom swing?)
    It looks like the e-types frame bolt hole may be where the clamp would want to go and the hole sits in a weld bump.

Anybody run clamp on front derailleur on a gemini?
    enjoy

mtbr member
    Before you try this, I would check the swing arm would not foul on the derailleur clamp. I reckon that is why Cannondale use the E-type mechs.
    [SIZE="3"]Idlefrog[/SIZE]

2008 Trek Fuel EX8
    2006 Orange P7 Pro

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i am also in e-type hell. I broke off my front shimano lx front derailleur (570-e) a few weeks ago, and finding a replacement has been rather hellish. does anyone know of a place i can buy a replacement of this part. everyone seems to be pushing other e-style lx's and xt's but both of those are larger than the compact original equipment that came on my 2005 red prophet 600. thanks for any help in advance.

kris

mtbr member
    My UK model 2005 red Prophet came with an XT front mech which works OK, so I don't think you have to stick with exactly the same model.

If you do want the 570 then you can get one here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=10355

They ship to the USA, but it is probably cheaper if you buy it locally as the exchange rate is not favourable for you. As a rough guide 1 pound = 2 dollars.
    [SIZE="3"]Idlefrog[/SIZE]

2008 Trek Fuel EX8
    2006 Orange P7 Pro

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the advice and the link. unfortunately i havent been able to find a replacement locally, and when i have tried to purchase it online i usually learn the 570 is on back order. I will give your online shop a shot and see what happens. shipping is brutal, but the part is actually cheaper than i found here, so the total price is pretty much a wash.

thanks again.
    Last edited by kheick; 06-22-2007 at 04:16 PM.

nocturnal oblivion
    I know I saw the xt e-type on sale at either pricepoint or jensonusa
    also
    took my gemini in to the LBS and they believe a standard clamp will fit...worth a try...will know for sure when they get back to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    got a message from the bike shop:

"Unfortunately your order has been brought into the office with a problem with the parts in the order. The Shimano, Lx F-Mech E-type BB Mount M570, BP (44 tooth/66-69deg) (32040) that you ordered is not available I am afraid. Would you like to amend the order or simply cancel the item from the order in order to ship the rest of the parts?"

SAME OLD STORY! does anyone know why this part is unavailable??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kheick
    got a message from the bike shop:

"Unfortunately your order has been brought into the office with a problem with the parts in the order. The Shimano, Lx F-Mech E-type BB Mount M570, BP (44 tooth/66-69deg) (32040) that you ordered is not available I am afraid. Would you like to amend the order or simply cancel the item from the order in order to ship the rest of the parts?"

SAME OLD STORY! does anyone know why this part is unavailable??
    Try www.icyclesusa.com They have it on sale for $10.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i ordered TWO! thanks for the looking out. i noticed that they had a G in the part number, which i dont understand, and the derailleur is black, not silver, but we shall see what we get in the mail and compare.

thanks.

as it stands right now the redline monocog 29er is getting a lot of use, which is a TOTALLY different animal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    GOT MY DERAILLUER!!!! thank you to everyone who helped me find more options. icycles.com worked great, part was cheap and came FAST!

unfortunately i have been cheating on my prophet with my ss 29er, and i dont think i am out of the honeymoon phase yet...

anyway. THANKS AGAIN for your help.