mtbr member

DT Swiss 210 vs fox Float RP3 for Scalpel

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice. I have the opportunity to replace my Fox Float RP3 shock on my Scalpel to a brand new DT Swiss SSD 210. Is this a wise idea? Are one of these shocks "better" than the other? Pro and cons? Any advice or recommendations would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    the RP23 its a better rear shock than the rp3 for the scalpel, its the best, when i switched from the rp3 to the rp23 it made a huge difference...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy125
    Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice. I have the opportunity to replace my Fox Float RP3 shock on my Scalpel to a brand new DT Swiss SSD 210. Is this a wise idea? Are one of these shocks "better" than the other? Pro and cons? Any advice or recommendations would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!
    I was using RP3 on my Scalpel before, and now switch to the DT SSD 210. It absorbs bumps and impacts much better than the RP3. And it has a lockout lever, when it has been locked, which gives you more rigid feel than the Propedal + mode on the RP3. However, as sebastian said, if you can choose RP23, I will recommend you to choose RP23 as well, it makes a big difference to the RP3, the advantage over the DT 210 is, you don't need to turn the lockout lever so often on different terrains.

Members who have read this thread: 0