mtbr member

DT Swiss 210 vs fox Float RP3 for Scalpel

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice. I have the opportunity to replace my Fox Float RP3 shock on my Scalpel to a brand new DT Swiss SSD 210. Is this a wise idea? Are one of these shocks "better" than the other? Pro and cons? Any advice or recommendations would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    the RP23 its a better rear shock than the rp3 for the scalpel, its the best, when i switched from the rp3 to the rp23 it made a huge difference...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy125
    Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice. I have the opportunity to replace my Fox Float RP3 shock on my Scalpel to a brand new DT Swiss SSD 210. Is this a wise idea? Are one of these shocks "better" than the other? Pro and cons? Any advice or recommendations would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!
    I was using RP3 on my Scalpel before, and now switch to the DT SSD 210. It absorbs bumps and impacts much better than the RP3. And it has a lockout lever, when it has been locked, which gives you more rigid feel than the Propedal + mode on the RP3. However, as sebastian said, if you can choose RP23, I will recommend you to choose RP23 as well, it makes a big difference to the RP3, the advantage over the DT 210 is, you don't need to turn the lockout lever so often on different terrains.