mtbr member

Dropper posts for Scalpel 29ers?

I have a Scalpel 29er and had been completely happy with my standard post riding all over the east coast & Colorado, but after trying a dropper post on a rental while riding the Alps on vacation last week I'm totally sold on getting one. I'll keep using the standard post for racing and local riding, but I plan to bring my bike on future trips and the dropper makes the long, steep & gnarly descents much more fun. To the naysayers, the Scalpel 29er is a perfect fit for most of my riding so I can't justify (or afford) buying a trail or all mountain rig and it's plenty plush relative to my rigid SS bikes

So, can anybody recommend a good dropper for the Scalpel 29er? Any pics of one mounted?
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS
    2012 Seven steel 29er SS rigid

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Can't recommend a post, but my 2014 Team frame has internal cable routing built in for a dropper. Cannondale puts one on top of the line scalpel 29er & added the internal this year so they believe it's a good idea!

Happy Trails
    I'm ready to try a Thomson dropper on my 2013 Scalpel. I'm not crazy about the Fizik post that came stock (the dial-adjust comes loose over many hours of bumpy riding) and I don't have internal routing, so the hand reach lever on the Thomson might work for me. I am thinking about giving this a try. Besides, it would be easy to swap. Think about it >>> for long XC races >>> up high for the straights and down low for the tech. Please keep us posted what you decide.

Anybody else got first hand experience with dropper on an XC bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    i was looking at a trigger for light allmountain riding but after buying a Kind shock LEV i think my scalpel does the job perfectly the difference is huge downhill
    a totaly different bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper posts for Scalpel 29ers?-img_2632.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'll second the LEV. I have exactly one ride on mine, but the thing is just awesome to use. I like the zero cable movement and the lever is top notch. Of all I've read, the durability is pretty good....seems to be the big issue is with the inner kevlar cable over time, but after watching KS's video it seems pretty easy to repair and work on.

Mine's on my Trigger...and it's not really that light at around 30lbs.