mtbr member

Does anyone have any ferruls??

i have jekyll and i am looking for ferruls (if that's what it's called) that a lbs lost (long story, not a c-dale shop) they are the little rubber/plastic piece that holds the housing in the housing guide. i have full housing running to the rear der and rear brake (avid full metal jacket)

please let me know if anyone has any or anywhere i could get some!
    thanks
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    try rei

mtbr member

no luck!

no luck at rei! by the way i am in need of 4 of them!

Thanks!
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    tuff, i live in md and i lost 2 ferrels a month ago.i went to the rei store in va (baileys crossroad) and they have the ferrels for the cdale there. it's tuff to find the cdale ferrels. good luck looking for one.

mtbr member

Hooked Up!

This forum is great and so is c-dale! I don't have an rei locally and couldn't find it online. However i got an email from james at c-dale who saw the post and is going to send me some.

my local c-dale dealer closed and the other lbs had the avid full metal jacket's on sale. 30% off, and they put them on- so i figured i would let them. (they also replaced the rear der cable and housing) so i pick up the bike and in a hurry don't notice that he took the ferruls out and put 5 zip ties all over the place (around the down tube) to hold in place. lazy way to do it--now no ferruls, go figure!

Thanks James -just another reason i love c-dales

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thats cool, yeah i would have resorted to zip ties had i not found the specific ferrels for my cdale, but zip ties dont do the job like the stock ferrels do.

mtbr member

True

c-dale is great. i called them once and had a question on the lefty maint and they put me right through to the tech on the floor ( this is after i left the shop and i was just another phone call to them) the tech was very helpful and gave me a lot of great advice. You can's beat c-dale's service!
    as far as the other shop goes--even if he had just lost them, he could have done it better - very sloppy job Plus, i had run the computer line (rear fit because of the lefty) with the rear brake line. he just tied it in with the zip ties and now it's loose and get's caught on everything.

Cannondale came through again

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    At my LBS they charge a whopping $2.99 a piece for those things!

mtbr member

c-dale comes through

got a ups package this morning with the ferruls I needed from james at cannondale. at no charge i might add--now that's customer support for ya.

Thanks James

mtbr member
    May 2004
    nice