mtbr member

New question here. Do you think I can find a Cannondale Perp 1 (2009) XL Frame

Hey!

Since a couple of years some part of my mind is on the Perp 1. Until now I couldn't find an unused or fine condition frame.

Is there anybody out there who could advise me? Can I find what I'm looking for?
    I'd apperciate any information.

Thanks!
    Last edited by don qvixote; 12-13-2010 at 10:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Instead of posting a new one, I thought it'd be better to ask a related question here:

2,5 years ago, I decided on a "Large" after test riding both the "Medium" and the "X-Large" Prophets and bought my MX1.

And below data is the reason why I want an X-Large.

Horizontal top tube lengths, HTTL:
    MX1 (Large): 62.5/24.6
    MX1 (X-Large): 65.0/25.6
    Perp 1 (X-Large): 63.5/25
    Perp 1 (Large): 61.5/24.2

Do you think my logic is correct in comparing the MX1 (Large) and Perp 1 (X-Large)?
    (Don't get me wrong, please. I'm not giving up my searching and buying an X-Large Perp 1 (complete bike or frame set))

But, unfortunately, this time I don't have a chance to test ride a Perp. So I cannot guess anything about the horizontal top tube length and how it fits or un-fits me.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    This post's becoming a monologue, by time

I see that there's noone who knows where to ask an X-Large '09 Perp 1.
    I'm now thinking of buying a Large until

a) I find an X-Large
    b) someone guides me to the X-Large

I'm still all ears and all eyes for a good news on this post

Thanks for looking!

mtbr member
    I was keeping an eye open for an XL Perp as well but gave up... I am 6'2 and rode a large Gemini and Prophet but found the large Perp to be too small.

Its not so much the top tube length (the slack seat tube on the Perp makes that measurement longer) .... the reach is just to short on a large and because I also wanted a short stem there is just no way it would come close to fitting me.

Wish all bike manufacturers posted the reach measurement of there bikes, it would really help focus my search

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I recently found a large 09 Perp 1 on craigs list in new condition, Saint cranks brakes shifters etc. I'm 5'10" And thought it might be a little big but bought it regardless, it looked new and I couldn't go wrong for $1000.

I only had one chance to take it to Blue Mt in Pa before they closed and it fit fine. I am going to get a shorter stem for a tighter cockpit.

Keep looking Don.

mtbr member
    i think i'm very close to having one after so many years and some months

mtbr member