mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Do you like your Jekyll? New bike time for me.

Looks like I will have $2000 to spend on a new bike next month. I'm looking at a Cannondale Jekyll 800, Spec Enduro Comp and Giant VT2. Did any of you compare these bikes, and how did you pick what you bought?
    I want a 5" travel bike for local XC trails, no jumps or anything crazy. I'm 6'4" and 260lbs and I want something smooth and dependable. Any input is appreciated!!

mtbr member

yes

Hells yeah. I have a 600 Disc and I absolutely love it. It is a very plush bike where I know at least the giant isn't. The bike begs you to go faster, it has takes everything I've asked it and more. Go for it, you won't be dissapointed
    Dave

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Hells yeah. I have a 600 Disc and I absolutely love it. It is a very plush bike where I know at least the giant isn't. The bike begs you to go faster, it has takes everything I've asked it and more. Go for it, you won't be dissapointed
    Dave
    I tried a huge variety of bikes on trails and decided on getting the Jekyll 1000. I am very happy with it. You can't go wrong with the 800.

Tinker Tailor
    I am very happy with my '04 Jekyll 600 disc. I did a few changes and found this bike to be perfect for all applications. Its responds extremely well and has a great feature, adjustable frame + fork travel. The Fox Pro Pedal works well to boot.

mtbr member
    I've been riding a Jekyll 900 SL since August of 2000 and it has been very reliable where it counts. The newer ones are even nicer and will come with a Lefty. Most of my riding is in the Front Range of Colorado where it's steep and rocky. It is a blast to xc or dh and it's fun to experiment with the various geometry settings. The frame and rear shock have never had problems and it climbs and handles better than anything else I've ridden. A few friends who've ridden it agree.

My team (5 person Co-ed) took 2nd in the 24 Hours of Adrenaline at Winter Park CO in 2002 and I was riding my Jekyll.

I've put thousands of miles on mine. I'd get a new one if I needed a new one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks.

Thanks for the input guys. Congradulations Edderd.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Chief---

I think I pretty much meet your hieght and wieght proportions and I have an 800. I've to say that it is an amazing ride. I've had no issues with it after a year. I did try the Spec enduros and stumpies, and looked at a Giant NRS. But after riding the 800 and just looking at the overall craftmanship and all of the trail adjustable features, it just couldn't pass it up. You won't go wrong with the 800.

mtbr member

Go for it...

I'm 6.6 and 245lbs and have just ordered myself the 1000. I considered the Giant VT2, Orange 5 and the Stumpjumper but the Jekyll hit the spot for me...! From what I have seen there are a lot of guys bigger than me riding these bikes, and they love them...!

mtbr member

900 sl

i have been riding my 900sl for more miles than i can remember and i wouldn't trade it for anything! if the time comes when i need a new bike i will be getting a newer model. i upgraded mine with the lefty, raceface crank, xo shifters ect... and it's perfect. i am getting ready to send my rear fox (no problems or rebuilds yet) to push to get rebuilt and put the platform upgrade on. ( i want the upgrade, there are no problems with the shock)

Good Luck you will love it
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    i have been riding my 900sl for more miles than i can remember and i wouldn't trade it for anything! if the time comes when i need a new bike i will be getting a newer model. i upgraded mine with the lefty, raceface crank, xo shifters ect... and it's perfect. i am getting ready to send my rear fox (no problems or rebuilds yet) to push to get rebuilt and put the platform upgrade on. ( i want the upgrade, there are no problems with the shock)

Good Luck you will love it
    What do you mean "send my rear fox (shock) to push to get rebuilt and put the platform upgrade on" ?

What platform upgrade?
    Is "push" a shock rebuilder?

Thanks

mtbr member

Push

http://www.pushindustries.com/

Yes push is a shock rebuilder. THEY ARE THE BEST!! Search these forums (let's talk about shocks) and you will find a ton of posts for them. It is an upgrade that you will love.
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Jeckyll

Love my Jeckyll 900 SL, its light, fast durable, handles real well.

The only thing is, feels too light for a "downhill technical course" ( I was still able to keep up with the FS boys) but when it came uphills the Jeckyll