mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Disc Brake Upgrade Question Help

I have a year 2000 Jekyll 700sx and love it all but the disc brakes it has. It came with some magura hydrolic (useless), I talked the sales rep into putting some CODA hydrolic disk brakes and they are OK. My brother recently got an 04 Jekyll and it has the hayes disc brakes and they are about 1000 times nicer than mine. Is it possible to upgrade with the 4 bolt pattern that my hub has? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

Are you talking to me?

Hayes or Magura.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeToad
    I have a year 2000 Jekyll 700sx and love it all but the disc brakes it has. It came with some magura hydrolic (useless), I talked the sales rep into putting some CODA hydrolic disk brakes and they are OK. My brother recently got an 04 Jekyll and it has the hayes disc brakes and they are about 1000 times nicer than mine. Is it possible to upgrade with the 4 bolt pattern that my hub has? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!
    They make 6" rotors for the 4 bolt pattern.

You might try calling Cannondale and asking about a cost upgrade program for the Coda discs.

If you have no luck there, you can get haes brakes and order 4 bolt rotors.
    gfy

mtbr member

Avid's

I also had the 4 bolt pattern on my bike. You can upgrade to Avid Mechanical disc brakes and use the same CODA rotors that you have on the bike now. I have the Avid Mech's with the Avid speed dial 7 levers and they work great. I eventually uggraded my wheel set to Mavic Crossmax rear and Woodman Left hub front (both with 6 bolt pattern) and now run the avid rotors, but have not noticed a difference in performance.

The brakes are great all around with a ton of adjustment so you can set them up any way you want! Good Luck
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Cost upgrade program? Does that work for those of us with the magura julies? Thanks

Are you talking to me?

Going from the Julies?

Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Cost upgrade program? Does that work for those of us with the magura julies? Thanks

I am not sure, but the program is only for the Coda brakes, I think. (it may no longer be in action) Try calling them and see...
    gfy