Thread: dirtfolk

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

dirtfolk

hi all. just got the cannondale delta v 600, an oldie. a quick question. how do you remove the stem cap, as it has no screws, to get the stem off. and can the stem be replaced with another. the diameter of the stem on the bike looks huge. thanks for any help i can get. peace

Ridin' dirty!
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    You have to remove the little head in the middle of the rubber knob....it will reveal a car tire like air valve (shraeder valve) which is you can fill up with air to adjust it to your liking. Once unscrewed you can pull off that big rubber knob on top of the stem, loosen that hex bolt on the side of the stem and remove it.
    You need a "Headshok" specific stem. Do not get suckered in by folks that have no clue and try to tell ya' any 1.5" stem will work.
    Ebay is a good source to find the in various sizes for cheap.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Welcome to the forums .
    You will find lots of nice folk here with a wealth of CDale info
    Just a heads up when you post is to make sure you put what you are looking for
    in your title ... ie Delta V 600 info needed or stem cap removal on Delta V 600 .

You will get more and quicker responces that way instead of just putting you name
    there

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

cannondale v 600 handlebar stem

thanks for the help on the stem. i dont' think i made myself plain enough, sorry. i was talking about the handlebar stem. the one actually holding the handlebar on. i have to bend over too far to grip the bars, can i put an extension in there somewhere. the top of that stem has a cap like thingy on it, doesn't have any set screws or anything to get it off to get the old stem off to change the height of the handlebars. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfolk View Post
    thanks for the help on the stem. i dont' think i made myself plain enough, sorry. i was talking about the handlebar stem. the one actually holding the handlebar on. i have to bend over too far to grip the bars, can i put an extension in there somewhere. the top of that stem has a cap like thingy on it, doesn't have any set screws or anything to get it off to get the old stem off to change the height of the handlebars. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Do you have a suspension fork with that big rubber boot on it?
    If so it's like a said before....you can't raise the stem...only option is to swap it out for one that is shorter and suits you better.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V