mtbr member
    Jan 2011

did i get a good deal? cannondale caffeine 2

i just picked up a cannondale caffeine 2 2010 model today, i dont really know anything about bikes im just getting into them, and i was wondering what kind of deal you guys think i got. first off the bike is in amazing shape (not a single mark on the bottom of the frame, wheels, outer front sprocket), the bike has a lefy speed pbr fork(was told it was an upgrade), and juicy 5 brakes(again told it was an upgrade). and a nice set of snap in pedals. i paid $825 out the door at my lbs. any other info on the bike would also be helpful. thanks for your time

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Of course it's a good deel!
    825....unbeliveble

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    by the way, Caffeine tech only use before 2010.
    So i think you got a 09 caffeine 29er 2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It all depends on what components and wheels are on the bike. Let’s say if you got all XT and good set of wheels, then it is a good deal. If you got all SLX or Deore and cheap wheels, than it is not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i thought it was, i did some research before i bought it, but you dont normally see good deals at bike shops so i thought i mighta been missing something. thanks for the feedback

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    ur right it is an 09, the guy said it was a 2010 but corrected himself

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    componets r sram x-7 and the wheels say disc x320

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    X7 is Sramís low end group and Cannondale has been putting some cheap wheels on almost all of their bikes. Just go out and ride it and upgrade it in the future.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    X7 is like slx....which is a mid grade component. It's good stuff. $825 is a great deal for a new bike. That is probably what their cost was on it..they possibly may have lost a little on it.

The wheels are not so great but as long as they roll go ride the crap out of it. You have a good platform to upgrade as you need stuff. keep a look out there are some good deals on mavic crossmax thhat pop up.