I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

Deciphering Cannondale Bad Boy Serial Number?

I am restoring a pre-owned, 2001 Bad Boy Ultra, and is trying to register the bike at the Cannondale website. However, its asking me for a seven-digit serial number. The number on the bottom bracket I'm seeing, has a total of 21 digits. I tried to decode it at the Vintage Cannondale website, with no luck. Tips?
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Never mind, I was able to find it - it's the last seven numbers, of the 13-digit main serial #, located below the bottom bracket:

(Downtube)
    553634XXXXXXX
    1FNE8G MD
    (Chainstays)
    Last edited by Zachariah; 12-29-2012 at 03:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If it's not too much to ask, please post some pics when you're done restoring :-)

Quote Originally Posted by giantdale View Post
    If it's not too much to ask, please post some pics when you're done restoring :-)
    Will do. You are gonna LOVE it....shooting for a 16-pound, weight weenie build!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Looking to trade Med BB Frame for Large

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Cdale BB Ultra which has been my street only rig. My only complaint is the frame is a bit smallish for my liking. I'm wondering is anyone out there has a large that they'd like to trade for a medium. My frame is in very good shape and made in the USA. I'm looking for the same in a large size. Ideally I'd look to swap frames only but to save trouble would consider trading bikes straight across. The bike is in Portland Oregon

I'd also be interested in purchasing a Large frame if the trade option doesn't materialize

Cheers