mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Custom adjustable stem for my Bad Boy 8 (2012) ? (or cannondale email contact ?)

Hi , i have the Bad Boy 8 (2012) and i unluckly (after i bought it) found out that there is no adjustable stem fpr this bike. At least cannondale does not produce it.

So iam looking for some company that produces custom bike parts , like stems , and may help me out.

Or maybe someone can give me some cannondale service email , where i actually get a reply.

That would be nice ,

thank you

ruhl78

LA CHÈVRE
    You have the Fatty Solo right? If so, I don't think anyone makes an adjustable stem that fits, Cannondale sure doesn't. But....

Why do you need an adjustable stem? These things weigh a ton, are flexy and once you found the correct fit, you don't adjust it anymore anyway. If your current stem is too long, too short, too low, too steep, get the right sized one. You can also flip your current stem to make it point upward or downward to adjust the height of the bars a bit.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks for the reply , well the problem is also that Cannondale does not produce any other fitting NON adjustable stem that is higher and longer than the current one.
    And i can not find one on the web. It must be a 1.5" and about 40 degree and lift the bar higher. I don´t think i can find something like that. The search for this is also tricky because one that would fit for the headshock fork would not fit for my fork.

I could find it for the 2011 model , which i had and unfortunately sold, but not for the 2012 model.

About flipping the stem , i do not think it will make enough of the diffrence ,but thank you for the hint.