Thread: Crossmax

mtbr member

Crossmax

Hello everyone,
    Been riding my Rush for quite some time now and I love how this bike rides. Truly an amazing feeling and a great design from the people at Cannondale. My one concern are the Crossmax Tires that came with my bike. So far I've been running them at 40 psi and they don't get the traction I am used to with my old Panaracers. Should I lower the psi and see what it does for me or should i just go ahead and buy a new pair of lighter tires that have better traction? I mostly ride dry conditions over loose gravel/sand/and hard pack dirt. Thanks for the input..

Paul
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    some people don't like the round profile of the crossmarks (cross max is a wheel?) panoraces are more of a square profile. try a lower tire pressure too?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    some people don't like the round profile of the crossmarks (cross max is a wheel?) panoraces are more of a square profile. try a lower tire pressure too?
    whoops cross marks.... What is a safe tire pressure I can use to get better traction??
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

LA CHÈVRE
    CrossMark you mean? How much do you weigh and are they Tubeless? If you have tubes, lower the pressure as much as you can without hitting the rim and pinch flatting on rocks and other impacts. For tubeless tires, my starting point is around 30PSI and I'm 165lbs so to me, 40 seems a bit too much pressure. On tires the size of the CrossMarks, I usually run 30PSI on the rear tire and even less on the front, about 27. So yeah, I'D try lowering and experiment with your pressure way before buying new tires.

Lower pressure really helps tire grip as they bounce less and the lower pressure lets them adjust to the terrain. When too hard, you basically bounce off every little obstacles and you have less knobs on the ground at any given moment.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :