mtbr member
    Nov 2005

crank upgrade for Rush 600

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and have just ordered the Rush 600. I have a couple of questions regarding the bike/upgrades. Firstly i am looking to upgrade the cranks,any suggestions and secondly the 06 catalouge is conflicting regarding the rearshock that comes with this model Fox float v Fox float R my lbs was'nt sure does anyone know which rear shock comes standard with this model? i'd appreciate any feedback regarding these queries.

cheers Lukee.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site and have just ordered the Rush 600. I have a couple of questions regarding the bike/upgrades. Firstly i am looking to upgrade the cranks,any suggestions and secondly the 06 catalouge is conflicting regarding the rearshock that comes with this model Fox float v Fox float R my lbs was'nt sure does anyone know which rear shock comes standard with this model? i'd appreciate any feedback regarding these queries.

cheers Lukee.
    If you have the money, go with an XTR crank. It is the most expensive, but honestly, it is the best. It will save you almost 1 full pound over your stock crank. Second option, take a look at the Race Face Dues.
    one pedal stroke at a time

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    If you have the money, go with an XTR crank. It is the most expensive, but honestly, it is the best. It will save you almost 1 full pound over your stock crank. Second option, take a look at the Race Face Dues.
    In my opinion the Race Face Deus and the Shimano XT are pretty much equals. The RF slightly lighter (~30g). Making the XT a great price point / performance choice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    In my opinion the Race Face Deus and the Shimano XT are pretty much equals. The RF slightly lighter (~30g). Making the XT a great price point / performance choice!
    anybody have any input on this set up? I found it on the save some weight forum. Also what size BB does the rush have?

Thanks

American Classic bb - $109.95 w/ free shipping. - 141 grams
    FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue MTB crankset - $199.95 - 578 grams

Total - $309.90 (plus shipping on crankset) - 719 grams

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patsplat
    anybody have any input on this set up? I found it on the save some weight forum. Also what size BB does the rush have?

Thanks

American Classic bb - $109.95 w/ free shipping. - 141 grams
    FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue MTB crankset - $199.95 - 578 grams

Total - $309.90 (plus shipping on crankset) - 719 grams
    The AM Classic BB is a great part. They are also a great company. I have zero expiernce with FSA but have herd peole say that their claiemd weights are often way off.

Another good combo is the Truvativ stylo isis on cambraibikes ofr 99 bucks. You can also match that crank with an american classic bb for aobut the same set up but 100 bones cheaper
    one pedal stroke at a time

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    XTR it is then. are there any special parts or part numbers for the rush?
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0