Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Crack 'n Fail

  1. #1
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,510

    Crack 'n Fail

    Somebody had to say it.


  2. #2
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,510
    No, no, THIS one:



    There, that's better.

  3. #3
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,510
    Oops, I meant this one:


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eayste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    218

    Upset hahaha

    Very Funny . Every brand breaks .
    Even the precious bike you own.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: The1footfreerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    19

    We the people ... If only you knew

    I agree, Every brand breaks. But Cannondale's are well bullt. Hmm go to pinkbike.com, then in photos type in broken cannondale, then try some other brands. see the true difference. You will be surprised

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    841
    He rides a Trek cant you tell.

  7. #7
    Free Ride Dude
    Reputation: Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by eayste
    Very Funny . Every brand breaks .
    Even the precious bike you own.

    You should lay off the heinous drops after the big mac, pal.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: The1footfreerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    19

    Actually

    Actually, smart guy, I ride an 02 gemini 1000...

  9. #9
    Jumps Like An Elephant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9
    someone needs to get off of the Atkins and round out their meals

  10. #10
    blame me for missed rides
    Reputation: weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    792

    nothing against cannondale in particular, but some logic lesson is in order.

    1) every brand breaks does not mean one brand cannot break more frequently than another. this applies to any "this brand breaks" discussion.
    2) if you check broken rockshox vs broken marzocchi on pinkbike (look for similar models, such as psylo vs z1), you'll find far more marzocchis. it is not that rockshox is tougher than marzocchi. the truth is the opposite. the reason for more broken marzocchi forks is that marzocchi has a much larger ownership share in the freeride crowd--a fact that testifies its ruggedness. moreover, if you check NSMB.com, it almost seems the mentality is like, breaking marzocchi is something to brag about, but breaking a rockshox simply means you made the wrong choice for fork. similarly, broken cannondale is rarely seen on pinnkbike simply because not so many riders choose cannondale for that kind of riding (and imo very possibly for good reason. gemini got a total recall in 2003.).
    Last edited by weather; 02-08-2004 at 07:54 PM.

  11. #11
    Are you talking to me?
    Reputation: damion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    1) every brand breaks does not mean one brand cannot break more frequently than another. this applies to any "this brand breaks" discussion.
    2) if you check broken rockshox vs broken marzocchi on pinkbike (look for similar models, such as psylo vs z1), you'll find far more marzocchis. it is not that rockshox is tougher than marzocchi. the truth is the opposite. the reason for more broken marzocchi forks is that marzocchi has a much larger ownership share in the freeride crowd--a fact that testifies its ruggedness. moreover, if you check NSMB.com, it almost seems the mentality is like, breaking marzocchi is something to brag about, but breaking a rockshox simply means you made the wrong choice for fork. similarly, broken cannondale is rarely seen on pinnkbike simply because not so many riders choose cannondale for that kind of riding (and imo very possibly for good reason. gemini got a total recall in 2003.).
    The recall was not on all of the 2003 models. Besides that, at least they had the balls to do a recall. Some other companies let the end user pay for parts/frames that may have needed a recall.
    gfy

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    503
    I''ll say this...Cedric Gracia blew the competition away at the redbull rampage on a Gemini...just watch him ride...you can't say that they aren't tough...

    Tom

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbykr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    445

    jekyll frame

    i had an 02 jekyll frame that i broke. it broke on just below the seatpost collar where it joins the top tube. Now this was my fault that it broke: i did not realize the raceface seatpost i was using had been cut down to save weight. during a ride i stopped and adjusted the seatpost up only leaving an inch still remaining in the seat tube. i am a bigger guy and ride aggressive and the frame lasted a couple months before breaking. i thought i was screwed because it was obviosly my fault (although not on purpose)

    the local shop called cannondale and explained and they sent out a new frame UNDER WARRENTY within a week! How is that for customer service. I am a cannondale rider for life

  14. #14
    Rip
    Rip is offline
    Broken
    Reputation: Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Church
    I''ll say this...Cedric Gracia blew the competition away at the redbull rampage on a Gemini...just watch him ride...you can't say that they aren't tough...

    Tom
    The only thing Gracia's Gemini and the Gemini you can buy at your local bike shop is the name. If you ever get a chance to look at the production version and the version that is handed to the pro's who ride for that company, you will note that the ones the pro's get are much more reinforced than the production version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •