120 pounds of xc sex!

crack in 98 r600 roadbike, will C-dale fix?>

yup, got a crack in my 98 r600 frame, will they fix this? i dont think i ever turned in my warrenty card, and well, now that its like 6 years old i have no idea if they will even fix it. no crashes or anything, just minor crack (probably normal)

at the toptube, almost where it meets the seatpost. i think i may just give it to a welder to repair if c-dale wont fix it. any experince guys?

>Ankur
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carbnjunkie; 04-12-2004 at 03:37 PM. Reason: pics
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

Are you talking to me?

You needed to send in the warranty card.

Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    yup, got a crack in my 98 r600 frame, will they fix this? i dont think i ever turned in my warrenty card, and well, no that its like 6 years old i have no idea if they will even fix it. no crashes or anything, just minor crack (probably normal)

at the toptube, almost where it meets the seatpost. i think i may just give it to a welder to repair if i they wont fix it. any experince guys?

>Ankur
    Call Cannondale and see what they say. You might get lucky. Pyrobikes does frame repairs. THe frame will need to be heat treated after being repaired. There is no easy or cheap way to do this kind of work.
    gfy

120 pounds of xc sex!

how much...

to repair? im guessing if its more than 50 bucks, i might just dump it, i emailed c-dale just now with pics..

>Ankur<

Are you talking to me?

Well, if they get involved, it will be to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    to repair? im guessing if its more than 50 bucks, i might just dump it, i emailed c-dale just now with pics..
    Cannondale will not do repair work. The Pyrobike fixes start around $250.00US, but they lifetime their work if I remember right. Call Cannondale directly and explain the situation. The e-mail thing may take a while.
    gfy

120 pounds of xc sex!

hmm...

Well since i dont think the stress crack will affect anything in the short term (like a year or so) im thinking using this glue like substance that will fill the crack and said it will it can substain abuse to 1000 pounds, ideas guys??? since its a road bike, i thought it would be okay

>Ankur

>Ankur<