mtbr member

Converting Speed Carbon DLR 110 to XL Clamp

I need some help folks, does someone know if it's possible to convert a 2010 110 Speed DLR Carbon lefty over to the XL Top/outer tube from the Max so it will fit into a non C'dale bike with a long head tube.

Thanks for any tips. Cheers
    I maybe getting older but i refuse to grow up!

mtbr member
    Yep, it can be done. It would be cheapet to just sell yours and buy a used XL lefty from ebay. They are rare but come up at least once a month. there 2 on ebay.com right now!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by biketavioumaximus
    Yep, it can be done. It would be cheapet to just sell yours and buy a used XL lefty from ebay. They are rare but come up at least once a month. there 2 on ebay.com right now!
    Thanks for that, but it is only the matter of swapping the upper tube over to the XL upper tube?
    Although i know it won't be cheap my carbon speed is new and i'm not interested in selling it.
    Cheers
    I maybe getting older but i refuse to grow up!

mtbr member
    Just send it to Cannondale via your LBS and sell your liver to cover the cost. Actually I'd love to know what they actually charge you?

Regards,

Biketaviousmaximous

mtbr member
    I'd send a note to Mendon. It probably won't be as much as a kidney or anything and it'll probably work better than it did out of the box.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'd say at least $500 for a carbon upper tube? Mmm... just a guess. FYI I purchased a new upper tube before for my alum DLR2 and it was somewhere around $200 (w/ discounted).