cannondale rider

converting a F3000 mountain bike to a cyclocross bike

I want to turn my F3000 into a cross bike for this comming cross season. Right now it has a left fork, but I want to replace it with a rigid fork. Is it possible to put 700c road wheels on the bike as well with cyclocross tires? I also want to run disc brakes as well so I need to get disc compatible wheels as well. Has anyone else done or tried this?

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    It's possible, running 700c wheels. However, you cannot run rim brakes anymore(disc brakes only). But, the tires gotta be either 1.0" or 1.5" wide, tops. It's a real close, tight setup that should work well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You running 26"? If not ild get a 29r and put some 700/35 on it...26" wheels will get smoked by the 700 club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah
    It's possible, running 700c wheels. However, you cannot run rim brakes anymore(disc brakes only). But, the tires gotta be either 1.0" or 1.5" wide, tops. It's a real close, tight setup that should work well.

Possible on newer frames.....but i doubt 700c's would fit my 01' F600 becouse its got different rear seat stay, (U-shaped at the top)