Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004

    Conventional Fork conversion

    I have a 99 F700 with an ultra fatty head shock that is now my back up bike. I would like to convert it over to a conventional style suspension fork. I think what I would need is a reduction head set, but not quite sure if that is it or where to find one. Any help?

  2. #2
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Cane Creek makes what you need.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JCGrech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    As Jeff mentioned you can try the Cane Creek Double XC short (be sure you get the short version, which is made for cannondale frames). Other options are the Woodman Saturn Headshok headset ( or the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro Reducer. I've noticed that Cannondale is using the FSA headset on the bikes they are selling with non-headshok forks.

Similar Threads

  1. 24" fork
    By mjparadise in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 03:49 PM
  2. Anyone tried the Maverick Fork?
    By windsplitter in forum Maverick
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 08:19 AM
  4. Cannondale Lefty Max+ compared to TALAS :my $.02
    By dawgcatching in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 10:39 PM
  5. rigid fork question: Alu, steel, carbon...
    By jh_on_the_cape in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 05:18 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.