mtbr member

Continenta Rubber Queen 2.4 tight fit on RZ140

This tire fits, but escapes the (what should I call it?) swing arm bar by merely 2-3 millimeters. Cannondale lists 2.35" as the max tire size for rz140. Can I run this setup or better switch to something smaller? Has anybody been using 2.4" RQ's or other big volume tires on their RZ series bikes? Thank you.

mtbr member
    I don't have a RZ....but I can tell you with quite a bit of confidence that the RZ will flex 2-3mm in the rear chainstay/swing arm. This will come from either putting down lots of power or descending roughly. I'ts going to to say hello to the frame, especially with such a large volume tire. The RQ about as big as a 2.4 can get on the tire market, probably a smart choice to drop back down to the 2.2 RQ(which is actually a 2.35 from most companies). You really don't need such a large tire on the rear anyways. I run the 2.4 MK front and 2.2 MK rear on my prophet and it's for me.

mtbr member
    Thanks! Yeah that's what I'm planning to do - the tire is just too large.

mtbr member
    The RQ 2.4 is a mighty large tire, but it's a great front tire from the little time I've spent on it. Definitely pop it on the front if you haven't already. I'm looking at getting one for the front on my bike right now.