mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Upset Coda Expert Brake replacements

Hi, ive got a cannodale jeykll 900sx or sl (not sure) 2001 which i love to bits, but the coda expert brakes are crap as many of you know already. The rear caliper has started to leak and the brakes have never worked properly since having it and constantly need re-adjusting and bleeding. Ive tried to find a replacement caliper for it as its the cheapest option but have had no luck so gonna have to bite the bullet and replace at least the rear brake system. Not exactly experienced in the world of hydraulic brakes and wondered what hydraulic brakes would fit on the bike with the least hassle. Can i keep the rotors ive got on it and just replace the caliper, lines and lever? Thanks for any help

Ridin' many miles...
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoo7
    Hi, ive got a cannodale jeykll 900sx or sl (not sure) 2001 which i love to bits, but the coda expert brakes are crap as many of you know already. The rear caliper has started to leak and the brakes have never worked properly since having it and constantly need re-adjusting and bleeding. Ive tried to find a replacement caliper for it as its the cheapest option but have had no luck so gonna have to bite the bullet and replace at least the rear brake system. Not exactly experienced in the world of hydraulic brakes and wondered what hydraulic brakes would fit on the bike with the least hassle. Can i keep the rotors ive got on it and just replace the caliper, lines and lever? Thanks for any help
    I replaced my rear Coda Expert brake caliper and lever assembly with an Avid Mechanical and generic lever. It workes very well with the existing 4 bolt Coda rotor. Extremely well even.

Sorry to hear about your Coda Expert brakes. I severed the hydraulic line in a high speed crash, replaced with the Avid and it worked fantistically, and is amazingly easy to adjust.

So the answer to your question is: Avid mechanicals will drop right in to your existing settup even if you have 4 bolt Coda rotors.
    Ride dangerously. Take chances.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZilla
    I replaced my rear Coda Expert brake caliper and lever assembly with an Avid Mechanical and generic lever. It workes very well with the existing 4 bolt Coda rotor. Extremely well even.

Sorry to hear about your Coda Expert brakes. I severed the hydraulic line in a high speed crash, replaced with the Avid and it worked fantistically, and is amazingly easy to adjust.

So the answer to your question is: Avid mechanicals will drop right in to your existing settup even if you have 4 bolt Coda rotors.

Cool thanks edzilla will look into it. Dont suppose you know of any hydraulic brake calipers to replace the coda expert??