mtbr member

Clark Organic Pads Elixir R on the Rush

Just wanted to know if anyone out there is running Clarks organic pads with an Elixir R brake set up? Since there is nothing on Clarks in the reviews I figured I check with my Cdale pals. I want to try these pads on my 07 Rush, Elixir R 160mm F&R, trail bike.

Thanks In Advance

Moe
    Last edited by MTB Moe; 03-05-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    <--Thats Me
    Cdale Flash 29er Carbon 3
    Cdale Flash 29er 2
    Cdale Scalpel Lefty
    Cdale Rush Lefty (2)
    Roots
    Rocks
    Raggae

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'd save your money and get something else. Tried them on my Juicy Carbons, short lifespan with lots of squeeling.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I am using Clarks organic on my Rush Carbon 1 to replace the stock sintered metal Shimano pads (which sounded like a wounded beagle, chattered, groaned and performed like an on/off switch).

The Clarks are awesome! Excellent modulation, zero squeal, chatter, groan and to date at least normal lifespan (when compared to other organics I have used).

I recommend them.

Fixin' shocks Day & Night
    Quote Originally Posted by ASI CA
    I am using Clarks organic on my Rush Carbon 1 to replace the stock sintered metal Shimano pads (which sounded like a wounded beagle, chattered, groaned and performed like an on/off switch).

The Clarks are awesome! Excellent modulation, zero squeal, chatter, groan and to date at least normal lifespan (when compared to other organics I have used).

I recommend them.
    The Shimano pads have been notoriously noisey over the years and Shimano has not really changed or worked on the pad material since they came out. Companies like SRAM and HAYES have been developing newer pad materials for better wear and stopping power. The disadvantage to the Clark's that I have found is the fit, they just never seem to fit quite right and in most applications will cause more noise rather than less. I used a set on my Hayes HFX-9's and they were far worse than the factory pads. If you are really unhappy with the SRAM pads maybe try KoolStop, I have had more success with them than any other after market pad.

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by two6labs
    The Shimano pads have been notoriously noisey over the years and Shimano has not really changed or worked on the pad material since they came out. Companies like SRAM and HAYES have been developing newer pad materials for better wear and stopping power. The disadvantage to the Clark's that I have found is the fit, they just never seem to fit quite right and in most applications will cause more noise rather than less. I used a set on my Hayes HFX-9's and they were far worse than the factory pads. If you are really unhappy with the SRAM pads maybe try KoolStop, I have had more success with them than any other after market pad.

Tim
    Yeah Tim, I looked at Kool Stop but I don't think they make pads for Elixir.

Moe
    <--Thats Me
    Cdale Flash 29er Carbon 3
    Cdale Flash 29er 2
    Cdale Scalpel Lefty
    Cdale Rush Lefty (2)
    Roots
    Rocks
    Raggae

Fixin' shocks Day & Night
    Not yet... But keep checking as they should be out within the next month or 2...