Thread: c'dale vs kona

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! c'dale vs kona

i am getting a new freeride bike and i am looking at the cannondale gemini 2000 or the 07 kona stinky deluxe i now that this is a cannondale thread area and i may get biased replies. but please anything will help with my desion

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Get Cannondale!
    Maybe even better, get Perp (I haven't riden Gemini, only Perp and it is a great bike). I dont like rear end design of Kona, it seems like complicated and potencial for trouble IMO.
    On the other hand I have a Rush, so I don't know much about freeride bikes..

mtbr member
    I've heard more praise for the Stinky, but then again I don't have much experience with either. Probably best to ask about this in the DH/FR forum

Happy Coiler Owner
    Aug 2005
    will the gemini be new?
    if not go the stinky.
    both have good reputations, but main difference in clude that cannondale is made in the usa (well the higher end stuff such as the gemini)

the gemini, while it can handle freeride was primarily aimed at dh riding, where as the stinky is a purpose built freeride rig. an alternative in the cannondale stable is the perp with more free-ride geometry. I have ridden a mates 06 stinky (very similar to 07) and i liked the feeling, (possibly as it is a similar suspension style to the coiler i currently run)

the best option as both are very good bikes is to try both if possible and see what feels best