Thread: C'Dale Moto

mtbr member

C'Dale Moto

Anyone out there in C'Dale landd try or get a chance to try a Moto yet ?
    I have a Prophet and am looking for a bike with a slacker head angle, and a little more plush and the Moto looks like it might work.

Took a Moto 3 for a parking lot/tree stump ride and it is a nice ride today, the sale is pending on me..................

Thanks
    Lefty

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I cant weight to get on one, but full carbon does not sute my big fast and crashing style I will say that they look like a great trail bike.
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

LA CHÈVRE
    I'm pretty sure there will be Motos with alloy frames for 2009...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I'm pretty sure there will be Motos with alloy frames for 2009...
    Is that a hint, Dan?
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac
    Is that a hint, Dan?
    It's apparently in the 09 dealers handbook: Moto 4 and Moto 5 with US made alloy front triangles..

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Do you have the specs for the Moto 4 and Moto 5? I'm looking to get one with alloy frame.

I like to ride my bike.
    I briefly hopped on a reps Moto and it seemed more plush than the Prophet. Massive top tube. Not very helpful, but that's all I remember.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Anyone know if these things are shipping yet?

mtbr member
    Pumpkin - Yep - they should be shipping - if you search around this forum a little you'll find a thread or two from those that have them.
    Edit: here's one - Early Adopter: Moto Carbon 2

RideFaster - There was a Moto floating around the North Shore and I missed it? Oh snap!
    Do you know if it's still making the rounds? Where did you see it? Last time I was at Bay Road Bikes, they had a Rize but it wasn't assembled yet, and no Moto's.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

I like to ride my bike.
    I rode it at D-Day at Lynn Woods back in June. It was the top of the line green one. It was the personal bike of the local representative (rep.) for bike shops in MA or NE.

I won't name the shop, but I rode with several employees from a local C'dale dealer and they were not that impressed with the bike after riding it for a few hours in Lynn Woods....and they work at a shop that sells Cannondale.

One other small note, the bike felt like it had more than the advertised travel (the bottomless feel.)

I also saw several at Mt.Snow, but did not ride them.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i test rode one on some trails, it climbed VERY well for a 6 inch bike, (propedal), not a fan of fox but thats a different story, but those dhx airs do seem nice. The geometry on climbing is a bit goofy as the steering wants to wander but decents are very nice and stable. You can't really go wrong buying it, suits the all mountain category extremely well

mad aussie
    I had a chance to spend quite a bit of time on a Moto 1, it climbed well for its travel and weight with the fork locked down to 100 and the pro pedal lever on. At the top open the fork to 160, and it bombs descents. It was awesome on National trail here in Phoenix where steep, rocky steps and drops are the rule. It is a bike for technical riding with steep and loose downs and obstacles. I rode it on some twisting, tight singletrack and it was a OK, but not really in its element. The front end is much stiffer than the Prophet ever was, and has a better shock rate.
    The Moto 4 has the same spec- RS Lyric U-Turn-as the Carbon 3 but with the US made alloy frame. The Moto 5 has a lower spec with a RS Domain and a Float rear rather than the DHX on the other models. Unless you have to have carbon and worry about a pound of weight then I feel the Moto 4 is the choice of the range as its about 700 bucks cheaper than the 3 with the same spec.

Kevin

mtbr member
    I have a Prophet now (will be 4 years old, one of the first ones out), and it is just not as comfey through the technical rock gardens as a friends Stumpy, another friends Vantana, and another friends 04 Enduro. They all can more or less sit through the rock gardens and just pedal through, I am pretty much have to stand and pick my way through or I'll get thrown off.
    I have tried many different setups and none that work as well as their bikes.

Today I just tried an extra firm spring in my 140 Lefty Max and that appeared to help out a bit, as I think the blue spring was undersized for a 168 lb rider, and after 3 1/2 years of getting the s$!t beat outa it, it was just getting soft.

With the XFirrm spring in the front stayed more in the top end of the travel today while I rode and it did feel much better. We ride mostly singletrack lots of rocks roots, as that is all we have here in NE P.A.
    Veryy seldome do I see a lot of big DH stuff, plus I love technical single track climbs so maybe the Moto is not the corredct bike for me !

Thanks
    Lefty (Tom)
    www.HubbardBicycleClub.com

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    It's apparently in the 09 dealers handbook: Moto 4 and Moto 5 with US made alloy front triangles..
    Duh! I guess all I had to do was flip the darn brochure... It's all printed on the back of it......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I have been on my Moto 3 for about a month now and love it. The bike climbs great and feels like a DH bike on the way down. With propedal on and the fork dialed down you can even stand up and hammer on the pedals without much bob. Without dialing down travel on the fork, the headtube angle can feel a bit slack for climbing if you are not used to riding longer travel bikes. For xc riding I set the fork to about 140, but being in salt lake, most of our rides involve big climbs and big descents for which this bike is perfect- crank the fork down for the ride up, open it up to 160 for the ride down. The bike looks very burly, but can easily keep up with your average xc bike, and can handle much much more than a typical xc bike.

Unit 91
    That book you copied is actually wrong, they have three carbon models and two alloy models. My buddy just picked up the cheapest Carbon model ($3900 USD) and put on a Rock Shox Totem on that he had. It looks awesome!
    Bikes

mtbr member
    How much does moto 1-3 weight?I heard that the ultimate moto version weighted 11,8kg..
    My fleet:
    System six 08
    Moto 1 08
    Jekyll 1000(04)
    Perp 3 (08)

Had R700 (05)

Unit 91
    His Moto carbon 3 with a Totem comes in at 34 lbs. Stock bike is about ~33 lbs.
    Bikes