mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Carbon Rush Team???

I was looking to replace my Optimo hardtail XC race bike with a Taurine, but it seems there aren't any available. I have been dabbling with some endurance events this year as well and have noticed towards the end (of lets say a 12hr race) the hardtail has taken it's toll. I can't help but think a Rush would be less punishing in the long run. And there happen to be a few still available.

Just wondering if there have been any major issues with the frames and such.

Thanks, Mike

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Rush carbon 1

I Purchased a Rush carbon 1 a month ago or so, I could not be happier....very light, climbs great, and handles rocky fast technical sections very well.... its a solid bike and ive heard nothing bad about the frames and the components are top notch.... not crazy about the maxxis crossmarks that come on the bike but thats a small, easily fixable issue..... long rides are much less punishing than on previous bikes and at the end of rides I always seem to have much more in the tank than do my riding partners... honestly, if i could only have 1 bike, this would probably be it.

-J

mad aussie
    We havent seen any issues with the frames at the shop. A demo Rush Team has been beat up by a large number of riders for nearly a year without any issues.
    Of course you could just wait a little for the new full carbon Scalpel......... 90mm of travel and supposedly around the 4.5lb mark for the frame.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks guys, the C-dale demo truck was at my LBS today and I got a test ride... Carbon Rush 2 will be here on Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I also have a Rush Carbon 2 due the middle of next week.......the wait is Killing me

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Cool. I got a first ride in yesterday and broke some of my personal records on my training loop. Very pleased, as long as she holds up to my abuse I'll be happier than a pig in sh*t. Tomorrow it will see some of my favorite rock gardens, and then a 50 mile race (on said rock gardens) on Saturday. It came in at just under 24# with my build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Under 24# already? Why not go with the Rush Carbon 1 or Carbon Team to begin with? Cash was my main reason. I'm assuming you upgraded the 819's. What wheel are you going with? The wheel set will be my first upgrade.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I didn't want to spend the $$$ for the team and I had a pretty tricked out hardatil and pretty much just switched parts. I started leaning more towards endurance racing and figured I'd be on the Rush more so gave it the better build. I't's about 2# heavier than the hardtail was and after the first really comfortable ride, I can live with that.

I have an I-9 all mountain wheelset. Not the lightest, but is holding up perfectly after trying some lighter builds that I had problems with. Although the 819 build is pretty respectable, I weighed them in and I think they came in at 1750g for the set (if I remember correctly), that's only 150g heavier than the I-9's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Wow I hope they come in that light, I had an older set of 819's that weighed in over 2000g, but I can't remember what hub they had.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    And where're the pics??