mtbr member
    Mar 2006

carbon Rush or an Ibis Mojo

what do you think?

thanks

LA CHÈVRE
    Haven't tried the Mojo but... no Lefty and a lot of pivots where it gets muddy as with most VPP bikes... Test ride both, that's my final word!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mad aussie
    They are really different bikes for different purposes. The Mojo is more of a "rough trail to AM" bike with a shorter top tube and 140mm of travel, the frame weighs in at close to 6lb. The Carbon Rush is more along the lines of a "marathon" and 24 hr race bike with 110 mm of travel with a longer top tube and nearly a pound less frame weight. I know they have the same head angle, but remember the Lefty has more offset which reduces trail so it handles about a degree steeper than a conventional fork.
    I think it depends on the kind of riding you want to do. If you want a fast bike for XC terrain and some racing that can handle some rough stuff then the Rush, but if you want a more stable bike for technical rides, but could still ride the smoother stuff then the Mojo.

To put it another way I would race the Rush without hesitation in an endurance race and feel it wouldnt hold me back, I wouldnt race the Mojo unless I just wanted to finish and didnt want to compete for a top place. But if I was riding technical trails here in Phoenix or a trip to Moab I would probably elect for the Mojo.

Kevin