trail demon
    Jun 2005

Carbon Rush - Frame finish (durability)

I've just taken the plunge and purchased the Carbon SI Rush 2. One of my key areas for biking apart from being a sweet ride is the durability of it's finish due to the environment it's used in (UK wet & muddy at the moment ). I understand it's not going to have the same protection as an anodised frame but surely the clear laquer shouldn't scratch so easily. Patches are needed in places where cables contact with the frame, but it seems that after it's first clean down any contact made with mud etc will cause some form of abrasion mark to the laquer, so I can see the frame looking tatty very quickly. Surely for a 3000 bike durability of it's finish should be one of many key factors.

It just seems to be over shadowing what seems to be a very good bike.

Any polish/cleaning solutions available to keep the frame protected from further marking.

Rant over.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hi,

observed same problem after few rides. My importer told me he'll ask at C'dale EU headquarters, but seems, that besides other issues with Carbon Rush this one is to be just a cosmetic one...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Guys-
    I have a similar issue with my C-Dale Bad Boy. Yes, it is a completely different animal, but the flat black paint pops off when you gaze at it with any focus. I'm pretty surprised that cannondale wouldn't specify a better quality finish (or at least a better primer) for bikes at this price point, not to mention carbon frames.

Yes, I know a MTB will have its share of scars over its life. It'd be good to put them off a while, though.

If anyone from the company is reading this, please make future paint specs better than what the are currently!