mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Carbon Rush 3 vs Trek Fuel - Any Opinions?

I am looking at the Carbon Rush 3 2009 and at the Trek Fuel EX8 2010 which I can get for a very similar price.

I weighed them on some fairly budget scales and they seem to weigh almost exactly the same (around 28lbs) which is odd as the Rush has higher spec kit and a carbon main frame. I was hoping the Rush would weigh in at least a pound lighter than this but no!

Reviews of both seem very good but one noted that the BB on the Rush is very low. I've tested both and like them both a lot - its a tough call. Any opinions on the Rush?

Also, can anyone tell me how much the frame+shock alone weigh on either of these bikes?

Thanks
    Dan

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Apples 'n' Oranges

Don't know frame weights....but the two bikes aren't a fair comparison, since the multipivot Fuel will feel more responsive than the single pivot Rush...My Rush feels plenty plush to me, and it's pivot never needs maintenance....the Fuel will inevitably need pivot/bushing/ bearing work to keep it quiet...my $.02.
    I'd get the Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_radord
    I am looking at the Carbon Rush 3 2009 and at the Trek Fuel EX8 2010 which I can get for a very similar price.

I weighed them on some fairly budget scales and they seem to weigh almost exactly the same (around 28lbs) which is odd as the Rush has higher spec kit and a carbon main frame. I was hoping the Rush would weigh in at least a pound lighter than this but no!

Reviews of both seem very good but one noted that the BB on the Rush is very low. I've tested both and like them both a lot - its a tough call. Any opinions on the Rush?

Also, can anyone tell me how much the frame+shock alone weigh on either of these bikes?

Thanks
    Dan