mtbr member

Carbon no more...

Was riding a 06 aluminium rush and changed it for 07 carbon. It was a dream to ride until a wipeout where the bike smashed the ground and probably a rock and bruised the frame. Not a big one, but still, its unsuable anymore from my LBS opinion. I remember aluminium, much more resistant to shocks. Carbon fiber is good the way it meant to be (by riding position) but dont hit it too hard, its not meant to managed shocks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What about the warranty, will it work in this case? I hope so.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sorry to hear about the bike, that suxs.

What about the warranty, will it work in this case? I hope so.
    FRAMES (frame, fork structure, swing arm): Cannondale frames (except freeride, see below) are warranted by Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, 16 Trowbridge Drive, Bethel, CT 06801 against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner.
    Unfortunately crashing the bike is not a manufacturing defect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surf418
    Was riding a 06 aluminium rush and changed it for 07 carbon. It was a dream to ride until a wipeout where the bike smashed the ground and probably a rock and bruised the frame. Not a big one, but still, its unsuable anymore from my LBS opinion. I remember aluminium, much more resistant to shocks. Carbon fiber is good the way it meant to be (by riding position) but dont hit it too hard, its not meant to managed shocks.
    Calfee can probably repair the frame for you for a couple hundered bucks. I am thinking that if you hit that same rock with an aluminum frame it would have resulted with a nasty ding and dent that probably would have compromised the aluminum frame too.

I onyl say this beacuse i have dropp and crasehd my taurine on rocks a few times and so far no probelms.
    one pedal stroke at a time

LA CHÈVRE
    Any pictures?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member

Post some Pics

Surf- i'd like to see some pictures as well. Can you describe the crash with a little more detail, speed, height, trail type etc.? I am realy suprised the carbon has failed. Thanks.

mtbr member
    frame is out for repair, sorry no pics. it was the size of a quarter. THe crash was not dramatic, an over-the-bar at low speed, i realize later by wiping the bike that it has a bruise on it (top tube).... WE'll see.

shut up and RIDE!
    bummer!!
    '11 Surly Pugsley
    '07 Prophet 3
    96' Killer V 900ht
    04' F700sx
    '10 TommiSea Terrain Destroyer

mtbr member
    i would like to see some bikes, and yes a crash can cause damage. they cant make the bikes crash proof. but if your original owner, cannondale should back it up, so no biggie.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    In a case like this, where do you send a CF frame for repair? Back to Cannondale or somewhere else?

mtbr member
    what ever happened to the frame? was it repaired? how about some pics?

mnt bike laws of physics
    I talked to the folks at Cannondale before purchasing my Carbon Rush and was told that if a rock hit the bike (where I live, rocks come up and hit the downtube all the time) and damaged the frame that the warrantee would not cover it.

The bike is so awesome I had to have it anyway.

It is good to know that it can be repaired, although I am usually the one to get hurt and not my bike
    Luckely I repair easily...

mad aussie
    If you damage it and want to have it repaired I would suggest either Calfee or Rue Sports www.ruesports.com Brent Ruegamer used to work for Calfee and does some amazing bikes. I have seen him do repairs on lots of CF bikes. Still trying to sell a kidney so I can have him make that custom CF swingarm for my Rush........

Kevin

mnt bike laws of physics

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    If you damage it and want to have it repaired I would suggest either Calfee or Rue Sports www.ruesports.com Brent Ruegamer used to work for Calfee and does some amazing bikes. I have seen him do repairs on lots of CF bikes. Still trying to sell a kidney so I can have him make that custom CF swingarm for my Rush........Kevin
    That sounds good....unfortunately I only have one good kidney I found out 2 years ago but appearantly 1 good one is all you need

Do you know anyone in the market for a not so good kidney?