mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Carbon Flash 29er front deraillier?

My 29er 2 came with an SLX direct mount front deraillier. I'm curious if there are any other options or if anyone else's came with something different? The specs said that the 29er 1 is supposed to come with the SLX, but there are several other parts on my "lower spec" 2 that are supposed to be on the 1. My only concern, as silly as it is, is that it is a huge ugly spot on an otherwise beautiful bike. Shimano makes direct mount XT's, but they don't look anything like the one that is on there now. Any constructive input would be appreciated.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    mine , the hybrid version hidden on the catalogue and imported in Europe in a few of pieces , a mix between Carbon 1 and 2 , arrived with the XT

direct mount

i changed it with a XX S3 direct mount , saving 35 g

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    So was the XT direct mount you removed a low mount, like my SLX is, or was it a high mount, like the only pictures of it I can find show? Is there a serial # or model # on the XT?

Thanks.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    as i wrote , was a direct mount

the XT or XTR or SLX direct mount are only and simply an E-Type without the BB installation plate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Flash 29er front deraillier?-hpim0056.jpg