Thread: carbon dales?

out of shape

carbon dales?

are the carbon fiber cannondales american made?
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I believe they are made in taiwan.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Depends on the model. Some are made in Bedford PA and some overseas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Made in USA:

SuperSix, System Six, Six13, new Scalpel, Six13 Slice

Made in Taiwan/China

Synapse carbon, Taurines, Rush Carbons, new full carbon Slice

out of shape
    makes me sick to my stomache, id never spend over 3 grand on a chinese made bike, its a nice bike and all but it just dont make sense to me.
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

oof
    Jul 2006
    what do you assume is so sickening about a bike being manufactured in china? I could see if you're just sad to see more of the manufacturing industry leave the US, but then that ship sailed about thirty years ago anyway...
    stay calm

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Sick that it costs them $50 to make the frame in Asia, then they think we're ignorant enough to shell out thousands for it. They go from $20/hour labor here to $0.20/hour labor in China and the customer doesn't see a dime of the savings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by den9
    makes me sick to my stomache, id never spend over 3 grand on a chinese made bike, its a nice bike and all but it just dont make sense to me.
    Then buy a Scalpel or an aluminum Rush.

Good luck finding a carbon framed mountain bike (besides the Scalpel) that is made is the US.

So it is ok to buy a Taiwan-made F6, but not a carbon Rush? That makes no sense. Either Cannondale sells a quality product or they don't.

mad aussie
    The Carbon Rush has its front triangle fabricated in China, the rear swingarm, painting and finishing are done at Bedford USA plant. The F series are all now made in China, the boxes come from the West Coast, are different and they are packed differently (not as nicely as Cannondale do THE best job of packing frames of any of the brands they carry.
    Scalpel Carbon is made in USA, as is the System Six and Super Six.
    The only companies that make carbon bikes in the US other than some small manufacturers are Trek and Cannondale, and then only the high end frames. As for the price have you looked at the cost of Specialized, Ibis etc etc all made overseas.
    As far as location goes remember that the made in the USA bike has its drivetrain, wheels, brakes, seatpost, bar and saddle made overseas. So what is USA made about it?

Kevin

mtbr member
    "The F series are all now made in China"
    Last I heard, F1 thru F3 and the 29'ers are made in USA (all the Caffeines, basically), the rest (F4 thru F7) are made in Taiwan.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

out of shape
    Half the reason I like cannondales because they r made in usa, no I'm not some arrogant patriot, I just think mostly everything from asia with exceptions from japan, is a piece of chit, just people who use recycled metal and take no pride in their work. I'm dissapointed that the F6 is tawian made, I wanted the 07 F5 but the dealer didn't have any 07 left, and 500 bucks was my limit. I'm surprised that the frames still look like they are strong, I hope they just aren't recycled material. Oh well there's my rant for the day, I guess 3 grand for a cf bike is a good deal and if it wasn't asian it would cost triple.
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

mad aussie
    I guess I should clarify that it is the CO2 series that are made in China. The Caffeine frames are made in the US. That is the F1-3, F4 and below are overseas sourced.
    Our rep said he expected that given the success of the CO2 that there would be an expansion of the Chinese made frames into the road side. He said he anticipated that they would keep some high end aluminum frames and carbon frame production stateside, but all lower pricepoint would be shifted overseas.
    I know country of origin matters to people on this forum, but the simple reality when the vast majority of people walk into a bike shop and they want a bike with a suspension fork and disc brakes, if you have one there that costs 100 dollars less thats made overseas they will buy that one regardless that the more expensive bike has a US made frame. We had a hard time selling the Cannondale hardtail bikes before as customers would buy a Marin or Raleigh. We are selling a bunch of the F5-7 bikes right now.

Kevin

italian globetrotter
    Aug 2006

Smile taurine

well if can help i found some chinese stickers in my taurine headset!! they were yellow paper sticker written by hand with a blue pen...
    really!!
    don't ask me what was on it .. I destroyed them!!
    Last edited by michelefiorentin; 10-26-2007 at 01:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by michelefiorentin
    well if can help i found some chinese stickers in my taurine headset!! they were yellow paper sticker written by hand with a blue pen...
    really!!
    don't ask me what was on it .. I destroyed them!!
    Don't lick them....might have lead paint!