mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Carbon 26inch Wheel Flash V Aluminium 26inch Wheel Flash

I've searched through the posts but can't find any comparisions between the carbon 26 inch wheel Flash and the aluminium 26 inch wheel Flash. There are posts for the 29 inch wheel Flash comparisons, but none the 26 inch.
    Has anyone ridden both and can compare.
    The aluminium flash is considerably cheaper and was wondering if the carbon is worth the extra outlay. I currently race a Taurine and a killer V for every day commuting (about 6 miles single track and fireroads each way). The lack of a rear disc brake and the age of the killer V is driving me at looking for a replacment.
    My thought were to either get a carbon flash for racing and demote the Taurine to commuting or get the aluminium flash for commuting and keep the Taurine for racing.
    Does the carbon rear give much more trail dampning to the alloy one.
    Thanks in advance for any replys.

huh?
    The trail dampening is not really what I noticed the most. What I noticed was how much snappier the bike was, weight was an issue as well the carbon is lighter but I don't feel that that was the biggest benifit either. I felt that just overall the carbon is better, little lighter, little stiffer, little stronger, more dampening, the bike felt put together better. there is no question for me that if you can afford it go carbon, no downside other than cost.

mtbr member
    26" carbon flash is an outstanding bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    26" carbon flash is an outstanding bike.

So is the alloy.