mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Cannondale's website updated

Cannondale's web has received some minor, technical yet significant updates. Now in the Enter Site screen you have an "International" option to view possibly the current specs for bikes on countries which Cannondale's bikes is distribuited for official importers, such as mine, Brazil.

Another significant update is the inclusion of suggested retail prices to every bike model in both USA and International sites. Cannondale finally decided that consumers should know about the suggested prices of the bikes directly from the website, as many other brands have been doing for quite a while. I think it's a strategic move, to show that Cannondale bikes have competitive princing among the other brands. I think some bikes also had some price increase. F4 is priced at US$910, but from a listed price on March issue of MBA, the F4 was supposelly sold for US$880. But I can't really say this for sure.

Well, it only makes me wonder when the real thing will be coming in. With Trek planning to make a presentation of their 2008 line-up within the next week, and a lot of other rumours coming from the major brands, I think it's only a matter of time until we start to see some new stuff poppin' in the site.

But I'm glad to know that Cannondale have their eyes on the game. I think we'll see a lot more in the next couple months. Nice job guys!
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 06-21-2007 at 10:25 PM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    I think we'll see a lot more in the next months.
    Well, that's a given...

Good news is, the new Super Six Team Replica is free! I'll take two please!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Well, that's a given...

Yeah, liked the accuracy? Spot on, don't you think?

But I meant in the next "couple" months! I missed a word in the sentence! Made it sound lame, huh? Yeah, I know...

Man, wish they were being that generous on the Carbon Rushes... Well, I'll take one SuperSix home too. Do they deliver?
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 06-22-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Masher
    Am I crazy or did they remove the Capo from the bike list? Are they really discontinuing a bike they can barely meet demand for?

oh wait I found it

...weird, I think I was browsing the site as they were changing things. You would think they would take the server down for that.
    Last edited by MisterC; 06-21-2007 at 11:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Yeah, liked the accuracy? Spot on, don't you think?

But I meant in the next "couple" months! I missed a word in the sentence! Made it sound lame, huh? Yeah, I know...

Man, wish they were being that generous on the Carbon Rushes... Well, I'll take one Six home too. Do they deliver?
    yeah man I was hoping they would give a Carbon Rush away. I really wanted one but I "settled" for an alloy frame instead. Still a great ride!!!
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

Unit 91
    Wow, Cannondale is actually advertising prices now. Since when did this happen?
    Bikes

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Wow, Cannondale is actually advertising prices now. Since when did this happen?
    This week... No canadian prices though.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Self-edited due to gross oversight.

Please return to your reguarly scheduled program. . . .
    Last edited by hillbillypolack; 06-22-2007 at 09:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ok...so how do MSRP's usually compare with "real" prices? 10-15% less in the store?

mtbr member

New Rush 3 Carbon to arrive in 2 weeks

My shop told me today that they will receive within the next two weeks the first batch of 2008 Cannondale bikes. Among them and with one already reserved by my brother is the new carbon model for Rush 3. The specs are the same for the 2007 aluminun version, with the exception of the wheels, which are the same of the Rush 2, custom Mavic 819 rims/ Dt Comp spokes, 24 count per wheel/ Sun Dirty Flea rear hub - CDale Lefty front hub. The price will be something around US$3500, if my calculations are correct, since it'll cost nearly the same as a Prophet 2 here. The colour still remains unknown, but I'm pretty sure it will be a Team replica scheme as they usually sort for #3 models. Lefty is the regular, non-carbon Speedy DLR and the rear shock is the RP23.

Can't think of that as nothing more than good news. Affordable Carbon Rushes with fair and nice spec'ing. 2008 is gonna be a busy, good year for Cannondale. And it hasn't even started yet!

But I still wonder how they are shipping the new models without giving any sneak peak on the early models on the website... I'd really like to see the pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    yeah man I was hoping they would give a Carbon Rush away. I really wanted one but I "settled" for an alloy frame instead. Still a great ride!!!
    I think Santa may ride a Cannondale, but he actually doesn't own the company... what's a shame, by the way. Imagine all the people riding their carbon Rushes as one, uhoo-hoo... (sorry for that John!)

But Cannondale is now releasing some more affordable models with the carbon frame. Maybe you can update yours next year...

Masher
    I paid 800 for my Capo and it is 829 on the Cannondale site. Thats pretty close. The 1fg is 1300 and Cannondale suggests 1350. So it seems to be less than a 5% difference.

mtbr member
    I think that's one of those, "If you have to ask about the price, you probably can't afford it" deals.

mtbr member
    My shop told me today that they will receive within the next two weeks the first batch of 2008 Cannondale bikes. Among them and with one already reserved by my brother is the new carbon model for Rush 3.
    Here's a Rush 4 Carbon:
    http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/aca...ntro_Rush.html

Do you guys think that it's likely they'll offer carbon from models 4 and up, or is it just that it's a european model with a different naming system?

A sub $3000 Carbon Rush would be fantastic.

Unit 91
    A $3500 Rush Carbon showed up to our shop a couple weeks ago. Thats a great price for that bike.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    A $3500 Rush Carbon showed up to our shop a couple weeks ago. Thats a great price for that bike.
    That's probably the same bike, the Carbon Rush 3, that my shop will recieve. Have you seen it, do you know what colour is it? Man, I'd like to know if the other bikes that are also coming (Prophet 1, 2, 3,4 and Rush Team, 1, 2, 4 and 5) are already the 2008 models. It's a shame it's still too early for the Prophet 2 to come with the new 2008 XT set-up. That would be a nice touch...

mad aussie
    Dealer MSRP will actually be slightly under the advertised price. Fairly standard practice to make the bike on the floor more attractive. The prices are actually competitive. If you compare a Dura Ace equipped System Six with an equivilent Specialized it is pretty good value.

Kevin

Masher
    Picking up my bike I noticed that my local shop had one of the new Rush Carbon 3s in but that seemed to be the only 2008 Cannondale on the floor and there was only one of them. I'm sure there are other shops etting these in but are there any other models being released.

I get that the Carbon Rush 3 is plugging a small hole in their line of bikes but it seems strange that they would release just one bike to the market without others soon to follow.

And I'm not going to stop complaining about the lack of 29er news coming out of the Cannondale Reps. Stop torturing me!

Unit 91
    The Rush Carbon 3 is a black/white/orange color similar to the Baltimore Orioles. Looks sharp for the price.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Another significant update is the inclusion of suggested retail prices to every bike model in both USA and International sites....
    Is it just me, or did the pricing info mysteriously disappear from the web site???
    There are links to PDF's that say weight and pricing, but no prices in those PDF's either.
    Searched around here and didn't see any mention of it.
    Last edited by jdr01930; 08-18-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    I noticed that the prices are gone too. I was all excited to see pricing because I'm shopping for a bike for my fiancee and would rather not go into the LBS until its necessary. It was nice to see what will fit our budget without a sales person following me around. Oh well.

Ride Fast

Smile 2007 bike weights

Well, that's a given...

Cannondale is also listing 2007 bike weights. Go to my thread near the top to see 2007 weights or get 2006/2008 weights.
    Last edited by Jakobie; 08-22-2007 at 01:06 PM.