Avenger of Evil

Cannondales for kids

Does anyone have their kids on a petite Cannondale? Or even a Chase?
    My 10 year old son is currently riding a 24inch "big S" hot rock, and I was looking to get him into 26 inch wheels.
    Pictures?
    Comments?
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

here

double post

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

here's one

not a pic of him on it, but here's my 11 YO son's F300 (with a lefty max I got on ebay). got it when he was 9 or 10...was a little big at first, but perfect now. Guessing he'll outgrow it end of next year or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Avenger of Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    not a pic of him on it, but here's my 11 YO son's F300 (with a lefty max I got on ebay). got it when he was 9 or 10...was a little big at first, but perfect now. Guessing he'll outgrow it end of next year or so.
    Thanks Steadite.
    It was your post that gave me the idea. My son saw your post earlier, and now wants a Cannondale like Dad.
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Im looking at an f4 size P (Or 13 in) for my daughter. First order of business.......What color does she like!!!!! She wants a mtn bike so she can ride on the dirt with daddy. But the color has to be right and a matching helmet!!!!!!! Bad boy sperm for not swiming harder that one summer night................. Well not really, She's an awsome girl I wouldnt trade her for anything.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member

Kids on Cannondale

I bought a 1999 F400 (small) on Craigslist last fall for my son. It cost less than $200. We threw on some old 1999-era XT parts we had kicking around. It had the usual cosmetic issues associated with a used bike, but no dents or signs of abuse. While it looks a little strange with the seat down low, he can handle it with ease and just asked for some toe clips. It was light, fast and cheap. Now he needs a racing outlet. Oh yeah, he is 11 of average height.

dh1
    mtbr member
    My 11 year old son has been on 26 inch wheels since his 9th birthday. We built up a late 90s M series chromed cannondale with a peperoni fork for him to ride. The frame, fork, and all the components were a Christmas gift the year before last. We assembled the bike as a project together, so he would learn something about fixing bikes in the process. If I am not mistaken, the frame is a 15" frame....but I would have to check. The frame was a little big when we built it, but it fits well now. He will be able to ride it until he hits 15 years old.

He also has a 05 Specialized Rockhopper Sport that he got from the kid across the street. He rides the cannondale 95% of the time. Only rides the specialized when we are on more aggressive trails because he likes having a suspension fork for more technical rides.

I might try to find a replacement for the peperoni fork. It's getting more difficult to lay hands on a threaded suspension fork... If anyone here is aware of one that would fit the older M series (pre-threadless), PM me..

Edited to add photo: note the decals are not the original. Cannondale sent me a bunch of new ones, but I didn't get a choice...so I used what the sent. The picture was taken right after we finished the build 18 mos ago. He now has 3-4 inches of seatpost showing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dh1; 07-25-2008 at 06:54 AM.