mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Cannondale Warranty (on paint finish issues)

Hi All,

My two month old cannondale is showing paint bubbles/blisters on the top tube.
    I have tried to contact cannondale through their "contact us" page on their website, but after a week, I have not heard from them.

I know cannondale has a lifetime warranty on frames, but I am not sure if the paint finish is covered.

Has anyone here heard of cannondale fixing/replacing a frame due to a paint issue?

A paint issue like this isn't really a big deal if it was an old frame, but for a 2-month old bike (2012-2013 model), there must be something wrong because the bubbles appear all over the frame, most of it on the top tube.

Thanks.

Anyway, here are the paint issues:

mtbr member
    Take it back to the store you bought it from and have them open a case with the rep.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Ya best to just take it back to the LBS dealer, i've contacted cannondale through email before and in all cases they take ages to reply!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Went back to the dealer, and the dealer made me fill up a warranty form, indicating the frame number and details of the problem.

Dealer said we will now wait for the response.

I hope the wait won't take too long..

mtbr member
    Hope you get it sorted mate.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Dealer said cannondale with replace the frame. But it would take them 2 months to get it to me.. The dealer told me that I could use the frame until it arrives in Feb or March.

It is a long wait, but at least it will get replaced.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dexmax View Post
    Dealer said cannondale with replace the frame. But it would take them 2 months to get it to me.. The dealer told me that I could use the frame until it arrives in Feb or March.

Result

TBH I would have been amazed if it had been denied. That's clearly a manufacturing defect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dexmax View Post

Nice to see they've sorted it. Who cares bout the wait?

I imagine they'll just re-paint your frame and sell it as a crash replacement or something.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....