mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Cannondale Ultra Headshock Question

I bought a used headshock for my gf last year and something seems wrong but I never owned a headshock so Iím not sure.

Background
    The shock was supposed to be freshly rebuilt by cannondale, and it seems to be: new boot no oil or air leaks over winter. Seems to be no slop or play or funky noises

Why I think something is wrong
    1. when you completely deflate the shock it only takes about one pump with my shock pump to inflate to the recommended pressure.

2. When inflated to the recommended pressure or over it seems way to easy to compress

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickc711 View Post
    I bought a used headshock for my gf last year and something seems wrong but I never owned a headshock so Iím not sure.

Background
    The shock was supposed to be freshly rebuilt by cannondale, and it seems to be: new boot no oil or air leaks over winter. Seems to be no slop or play or funky noises

Why I think something is wrong
    1. when you completely deflate the shock it only takes about one pump with my shock pump to inflate to the recommended pressure.

2. When inflated to the recommended pressure or over it seems way to easy to compress

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
    I have the Super Fatty Ultra DLR on my '09 F3 and it requires many more than one stroke to properly inflate the shock; I ride at 100psi+ (even though I only weigh 170).

I'm very unsure what is wrong with your shock but I would raise my hand with Cannondale and communicate the problem.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've never had this problem, but I recall someone else mentioning here recently that some shock pumps don't play nice with the headshok valve stems. Maybe you aren't getting any air through the valve and the pump is just reading the pressure within itself.