Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cannondale team factory colors+ new 29er frame

34K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  dardeca 
#1 ·
These are the new team factory colors ,looks great ,i love them ,perhaps a new carbon 29 er frame ?not sure from this angle ,the bike has won the New Zealand championship with A.Cooper .

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Helmet

See less See more
#2 ·
Anton was riding an alloy frame lately since he requires a small... but this is a new frame with the updated paint job. His clothes are not the new ones though, the new kit will probably just be revealed officially at the team launch (I say officially since there are images of it already leaked on the web)... but we wont see much of the standard CFR kit, Marco has the Italian Champ kit, Manuel the German kit and now Anton the NZ kit... Only Keegan will where the normal CFR kit.

What makes me curious is that we can see the Hi-Mod logo on the seat tube, so maybe Cannondale will have small carbon F29 for next year, or they put the Hi-Mod logo even if his frame is an alloy F29 anyway since the rest of the team will have it on their Carbon F29? Or he gets a custom built carbon F29 in size small (on the Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld team, both Ryan Trebon and Kaitie Antonneau are riding custom size SuperX carbon frames so it's possible). Here's another image (click for full size):

#10 ·
That would be very nice, although not particularly special as it's pretty much a given that this will happen at one point... It's not there now because SRAM XX1 came too late to spec it for the current line, even many SRAM sponsored pros just got their XX1 parts.

I'm hoping for something more. A F29 frame update/redesign? A F650? Thru axle rear? Before people ask me all these questions, I have no info whatsoever, just guesses/wishes.

#28 · (Edited)
Are tubulars really lighter overall? The rims are but the tires are heavier... They didn't prepare the bikes specifically for showing them off, the team was in Finale Ligure for a training camp as well as the media launch. Maybe Manuel and Fontana prefered to train with the same setup they will race in Cape Epic (although I think they'll be on Scalpel 29ers there), and that's a race you don't want to do with tubulars...

#29 ·
According to weights listed at r2-bike (I know it's not the same hubs a on Marcos bike, but we're only interested in the difference here):

Enve 29er tubular wheelset with Extralite hubs: 1350 g
Raching Ralph 29 x 2.1 Evo PaceStar: 495 g
Total: 2340 g

Enve 29er clincher wheelset with Extralite hubs: 1100 g
Raching Ralph 29 x 2.0 tubular: 595 g
A. Dugast Fast Bird 29er 50 mm: 580 g
Total: 1100+2*595 = 2290 g (Schwalbe), 1100+2*580 = 2260 g (Dugast)

Conclusion: The tubular setup is a bit lighter, by how much depends on tire choice. In the article it's mentioned that Marco rides tires with snakeskin, so they're probably more than 500 g each (I can only see 29x2.25 on Schwalbes website).

To be honest, the difference is smaller than I thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.