mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Cannondale Taurine

I am still not sure to buy a 29 Flash or not. Last week I saw a very nice Taurine for sale. Ofcourse this is a 26" but the price is more than half of the 29 Flash.....

Thing is i'm trying to find more on this bike from this year (2008) but can't find much on the different versions. This particulair bike had a lefty in it (DLR110) but seems it's a titanium version, so this is an aftermarket one?

Bike seems in very good condition though, that's why i'm condidering it instead of the 29er (But still think 29 is the future) 650B wheels will also fit in this bike so maybe an upgrade in the future.

Any tips are welcome!

Nor­wegr
    Ask to take the Taurine for a spin?

mtbr member
    Taurine is slightly more heavier than equivalent Flash. Go for what you can afford. What year is the Taurine?

Ski N Bike Tech
    You should be able to find the specs at www.vintagecannondale.com

The Dorel Cannondale site doesn't have the archive it used to have.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiNBike View Post
    You should be able to find the specs at Vintage Cannondale - Information and Catalogs for Cannondales

The Dorel Cannondale site doesn't have the archive it used to have.
    You're right you can't seem to get to the archive through Site navigation but it is still out there:
    Bike Archive

I think the Taurine is also a very good bike if you would still enjoy the wheel size. I had one for 4 or 5 years (can't remember just now) and I would consider it the best bike I've ever owned. I most definitely rode the snot out of it and did some things it wasn't really meant for.

I would be pretty wary of doing the 650b thing though. I know the wheels will fit, but you may regret it the first time you encounter the smallest amount of mud. Unless you just don't have any where you are.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Double post
    Last edited by chiliconcrosso; 11-23-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Double post

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I am currently riding a Taurine with a Carbon 110 Lefty. By far the best MTB I have ridden/raced so far. Think 26 Flash (Same dimensions) slightly heavier frame. I cannot kill this bike it takes everything I throw at it. I have also considered the 650b option but as I am tall and an agressive rider I will shortly upgrade to a Flash 29er - got a good deal on a frame and will take some of the parts from the Taurine and convert the Lefty - although this leaves me sad at the thought of losing the Taurine. Unfortuantly I cannot afford both.

Any further questions give me a shout.
    South Africa - Home to the worlds greatest MTB stage race - Cape Epic.

mtbr member
    Keep the Taurine until you can afford it

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    Keep the Taurine until you can afford it
    Wish I could - the Missus bought it for me so it would be great to keep it - but economics dictate at this stage one bike only and for my riding here in South Africa its the Flash.
    South Africa - Home to the worlds greatest MTB stage race - Cape Epic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_S_Africa View Post
    Wish I could - the Missus bought it for me so it would be great to keep it - but economics dictate at this stage one bike only and for my riding here in South Africa its the Flash.
    Tell the Mrs how much it means to you she may reduce the female pampering expenses and voila! Yay lol good choice no matter what buddy