mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Cannondale Super V Raven 700SX 2000

Hello,
    I am new here and far from an expert on the subject. I am more of a recreational rider, however I am looking to sell a Cannondale Super V Raven 700SX 2000. It was my brother's bike I was wondering what it might fetch.
    I don't believe he rode it all that much or that hard (when compared to an avid rider). I have yet to take pix and really get in and take a look at it...but I was wondering...what might be the going price on a bike like this?
    Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong forum or board, but I just thought a mountain bike forum would be the best place to turn for advice.
    Thanks for your help!
    Kim

mtbr member
    i believe there was a recall on that bike, they had problems with the carbon in the bottom bracket area, if you call cannondale they would be able to give you more information. if your brother is the original owner you might get a new current frame out of it...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Follow up on this sale

I was just curious wether this bike has been sold. I am looking into the purchase of a used super v or raven.

mtbr member
    Super "V" always they have been my passion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I've always been told not to ride a raven at this point, too many issues with the carbon and too likely that you'll break it and yourself. I could be wrong though.
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I lusted for one of these in days past but restrained myself. The Raven was a short lived bike with definite design flaws. There were several recalls issued. One for defects in the seat post attachment and another in the bottom bracket area. The fix for the bottom bracket was to inject an expanding stractural foam that would cure in place. It was a band aid fix that allowed Cannondale to not have to replace all the bikes currently in the field.

Aside from a cool looking bike, there really isn't a reason to own one. I certainly would not trust it bombing down a rocky trail down on the edge of a steep ravine. If you're fetching groceries around town, certainly a lower risk proposition.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    do you put it on sale finally?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just get it to a C'dale dealer and let your brother get a recall replacement frame-that is your only option if he is the original owner!

mtbr member
    :: hf ::